Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Mailbox keeps emptying

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, when I receive and read my emails the next time I access the mailbox all my emails disappear this has been happening for the last three days I have lost some mails I needed to keep could someone please look into this please?

The big Fellow Up There Rides A Suzuki,(This I know)
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @fastbysuzuki 

Change the mailbox password. But first read why.

If a new device is connecting to the mailbox as a POP3 email account and that's downloading and deleting from the Inbox then that's why your mail messages aren't staying in the Inbox.

If you haven't set up any new devices recently to collect your mail messages then your mailbox may be compromised. If a hacker has discovered your mailbox password then if you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

First, as you can sign in, go to your mailbox via the TalkTalk Mail sign in and check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Also via the Main Settings menu check the Update your reset details option to make sure the password recovery reset details are yours and current and accessible.

Now you can change the password using the Forgotten your Password? reset option and just for the time being sign in only at the TalkTalk Mail (webmail) sign in with the new password so you'll be able to carry out some checks and troubleshooting of your devices before changing their email account passwords.

Best to set up multiple devices as IMAP accounts so they all mirror what's in the mailbox. Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer