cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Major Pipex Email Outage - AGAIN?

Conversation Starter

Same with me. No access from Outlook on Windows 10 nor access from Netmail nor from Samsung.

BUT TT no doubt will blame the settings as usual. Will apologise eventually but do NOTHING ABOUT IT.

I am waiting for important email that I need before Church service at 11:00 tomorrow. Can anyone at TT give me any assurance it will be working today. 

Troglodyte
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Like all of you my 3 PIPEX email addresses will not connect to servers at all today. Seems to be an even bigger problem than usual. I believe OCEs do not work weekends so doubt we will see any update here until Monday. I really hope some engineer is on the case in the meantime though.

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Twitter support team have replied to me saying :

"We are aware of this and are looking into the issue. We hope to have this back up and running ASAP"

So hopefully that at least means someone is looking into the issue, although I'm not expecting a resolution in a hurry !
Highlighted
Enlightened One

I just tried an online chat with someone (supposedly) in Technical Support. Wish I hadnt bothered. I just felt we were going round and round in circles. They did say they were unaware of any outstanding issue with PIPEX email.

Heck, as I was typing this 2 emails just turned up (timed early this morning) into one of my three PIPEX addresses. the other 2 addresses failed tho. Is this some light at the end of the tunnel ?

And now another email to a different PIPEX address which was timed at 11pm last night. Seems the problem has been around some length of time.

Highlighted
First Timer

Just wasted over an hour of my time on web chat going round in circles. Absolutely useless.

Not even sure I was talking to a real person, seemed more like a robot spitting out standard scripted responses.

At one point they said "legacy domains are no longer supported and I would have to contact my ISP". TALKTALK ARE MY ISP! (for now anyway, not sure how much longer if this goes on).

This is now happening every two months or so. I need my e-mail for work etc. For TalkTalk to say they do not to support legacy domains is unbelievable.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
You must be the chosen one, is still dead for me, although I must admit the errors now are looking slightly less 'terminal' !
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi everyone,

Apologies, we are aware of this pipex issue and this is currently being investigated at the moment. Updates can be found on our Service Status page as soon as we have more information so check back on the above.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks for the update @OCE_Michelle
Highlighted
Enlightened One

@OCE_Michelle thank you for that acknowledgment of the issue with PIPEX email (yet again).

Once again tho this raises a number of issues;-

- why does this keep happening to PIPEX servers (my other legacy address never fails)

- why does it take several hours for the issue to be flagged up on the Status page

- why are Technical Support operators so often unaware of the problem despite it being raised repeatedly and acknowledged on Twitter ?

Highlighted

Hi,

Just to add to this, I've now received an update to advise that this should now be resolved.

Apologies, at present I'm not sure exactly what caused this particular issue. In regards to the delays, we will look into this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@OCE_Michelle  I’ve just got in (1700hrs) and tried with client on iMac and just got “Account Error”, basically the iMac believes the server is not responding, will try again later but I don’t think it is sorted, for me anyhow.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have just received 30 emails via my outlook client . but still not receiving via android and netmail not working so maybe I just hit lucky and found a window when it was working for a minute?

Troglodyte
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Not resolved for me either. I am getting less (but still some) of the immediate rejections which was the problem all day. But now also getting some timeouts owing to no response, which is the more usual problem with PIPEX servers.

Highlighted

Hi,

Apologies, I've passed this back and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor
Nope, still not working for me either
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I got a few emails through (but I know there are others in the queue) but now it's stopped working again and I still can't log in to webmail. The Outlook error message now says The connection to the server was interrupted. Come on TalkTalk. This isn't good enough.

SoozySoo
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Its back to square one for me again. All 3 of my PIPEX addresses back to getting instant rejection by the server which is how it was at the start of this latest outage.

Highlighted

Hi,

I've received confirmation that they are still looking into this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I’ve just tried at 1815hrs and received 29 messages on the iPad, went to iMac (iDevices don’t delete from server) and after a couple of attempts got 34 messages, don’t seem to be getting any errors and macMail Connection Doctor is now showing green for both incoming and outgoing servers.

May be the “delays’ or slow retrieval is down to everyone trying at the same time or the “repair” just needs to get back up to speed, I’ll hold my breath and hope it is!

And the iDevices are now showing “Updated Just Now” which is usual after the client’s are opened and successfully connected to the server.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Like SiHancox I've just successfully connected to all 3 of my Pipex addresses at the same attempt to download messages. Thats the first time thats happened today. Hopefully that means the problem is finally fixed - whatever the problem was this time!