cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Major problem with mail being wrongly sent to Spam.

4 REPLIES 4
DET56
First Timer

Recently mail from two senders is being diverted to Spam. No Filter Rules are set. When mail in Spam folder is marked as “not spam” it is returned to the Inbox but only stays there for a short time before being moved back to Spam.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @DET56 

If you're describing the operation of TalkTalk Mail when signed in to webmail and finding that incoming mail to the Inbox is diverted to Spam then that's usually because it's been detected as spam or is unauthenticated.

To unmark a previously marked spam email select the email from the Spam folder and use the Not Spam selection on the toolbar or in the drop down more actions menu within the email display. The email will be moved back to the Inbox.  The TalkTalk blocking filters are notified that you've unmarked the email as spam.

Marking as Spam or Ham.png

There is nothing currently capable of operating on mail in the online Inbox to return that mail to the Spam folder.   So, anything doing that has got to be an external email client or app connected as an IMAP account to the mailbox. i.e. a spam filter rule is detecting the arrival of the spam in the Inbox of the email client and that spam filter rule is moving the mail into Junk/Spam.

If you have got an email client connected to the mailbox then check that out. if not you, then change your mailbox password to lock out any unauthorised connections. Changing your email password 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

DET56
First Timer

Many thanks or the prompt reply.

As suggested, the problem was the email client on my phone. 

All now happily resolved after uninstalling client and then reinstalling.

Gondola
Community Star

Good move.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know the issue was with your own connected device. Always good to have your feedback.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DET56, thanks for posting back to let us know you've sorted the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.