Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

'Mark as spam' not blocking emails from same address

1 REPLY 1
aps19c
Participant

I am receiving regular emails from a number of email addresses that I continually mark as spam, but they still come through day after day.  Current examples are:

&nbspmail@s.oferting.net 

and

mail@s.clicplan.com 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @aps19c 

Welcome to the TalkTalk Community.

In the Classic webmail you would mark an email as Spam and two things would happen. The email would be put in the Trash folder and the personal Blocked Senders Filter would be updated to block the sender.

On the TalkTalk Mail platform it's a bit more subtle. The Spam marked email is put in to the Spam folder and the TalkTalk Cloudmark Authority Engine is notified that you've marked an email as spam. 

Cloudmark is the network based spam filtering that gathers information from users and other external information to be able to identify spam, primarily from a content analysis, and to block that spam on the network for the benefit of all users. The one thing it might not do is provide an immediate block for a specific sender.  The number of mail users reporting the spam needs to get over a trigger threshold.

You can select an email and use the Mark as spam selection on the toolbar or in the drop down more actions menu within the email display. Please do that for real spam as that's helping the TalkTalk blocking filters learn to identify spam.

You can use Filter Rules to reject emails from a specific sender. Select the email, select the More actions menu within the email display and select Create filter rule.

Filter Rules - Select the email - Create filter rule.png

Filter Rule - Blocked sender.png

• Give the rule a name
  • Decide if you need multiple conditions to apply
  • The subject title is included by default
    If discarding / rejecting the sender's email is required regardless of subject then
    Select the dustbin icon for the 'Subject' condition
  • Add an action
    In this example, Discard
    or choose Reject with reason - add the reason in the text box
  • Decide if you need other rules to run (or untick Process subsequent rules)
  • Select the blue Save button

You've now prevented the sender's emails from arriving in your Inbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer