Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Message keeps popping up

2 REPLIES 2
sue136
Participant

I keep getting a message telling me my password has appeared in a data leak. This has only happened since I did a last update on my iPad. Can anyone offer any help please👍🏻

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @sue136 

Internet browsers and Internet security products do now advise users if an email address they're using has been recorded as being involved in a data breach.  The software should tell you where the data breach is.

The website haveibeenpwned is often used as the source for the data breach information. You can enter your email address and see what data breaches have been associated with your email address.

The first thing is to scan your devices to remove viruses, trojans and malware that may be collecting passwords. Then when you have confidence that the device is clean you should change the password. Changing your email password 

Based on what the haveibeenpwned website shows you (if the webpage turns red to indicate a breach) you may be able to identify other online logins where the password should be upgraded.

Just say if you need more guidance.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi sue136, it looks like Gondola has got you sorted on this. 

Please let us know if you still need help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.