Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Missing emails

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Chatterbox

(second try as the message system deleted my first New Message!)

I have recently found out that a friends emails to me are not getting through, but are not being bounced. How can I make sure their emails arrive in my inbox? I think they may be going into my spam folder, but when I look in there it is completely empty. I think the spam emails are being automatically deleted on entering this folder. There was a setting when it was Tiscali but I have looked and can't find any settings to change within the TalkTalk system. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Red A Book 

Sign in to TalkTalk Mail. If you don't see the folders on the left side in the desktop version of TalkTalk Mail then select Folder view from the View options. Expand any sub-folders by selecting the arrow icon, if there is one on the folder line. 

Look in the Spam and Trash folders but if messages are being filtered or Auto forwarded then we need to look at Filter rules.

So, next is to see if there's a Filter rule operating on the incoming messages. Select the Menu icon top right (triple line hamburger icon or cog icon on the mobile version), Select Settings then on the left side panel select Mail (or Email) and Filter rules. If there are no rules that's good. Any rules then select Disable to temporarily remove all rules from operating whilst troubleshooting this issue. 

I'll alert the TalkTalk team and in the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and Save changes.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Red A Book, please let us know how you get on checking your filters. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Due to TalkTalk Internet being extremely intermittent yesterday, I have only just managed to get on to check the filters. 

There are NO filters set. 

Still nothing in my Spam or Trash folders.

Highlighted

And you don't have any devices using a client with POP or IMAP set to delete mail from the sent folder?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

No. I pick them up through my Gmail account but it does not delete them. They only get taken off the server when I download them to my desktop PC using Thunderbird (but there are never any spam or deleted emails to download).

Highlighted

I'll need to raise a fault ticket for you. Please add your landline number to your profile and add the senders email address to private notes in your profile and I'll get the ticket created.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I've added my friends email address to the notes. I don't have a land line, only mobile number which is already added.

Philosopher

Hi @Red A Book 

ok u have talktalk broadband and phone as if u do then u have a landline as that is how talktalk connects u to the network.

as that is away the team on here fines ur account 

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted

Hi Red A Book, you'll find your landline number on all your bills. Please let me know when you've added the number to your profile.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I do not have broadband or a landline. I have had my Tiscali address since dial up modem days (I even have a Ukgateway address I still use). I use data on my phone (not TalkTalk) and free or friends wifi for my laptop.

Highlighted

I'm not just being difficult I really do need a landline number to raise a fault ticket. Will your friend let you use theirs?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I've added my friends landline numbe to my profile.

Highlighted

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. This is a relatively low priority fault so if you don't hear in 5 working days please give me a chase. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Any news?

Highlighted

None so far, so I've chased for an update for you.