Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Multiple problems with Tiscali inbox

23 REPLIES 23
KBM193
Popular Poster

I have used Tiscali email IMAP via Thunderbird for some years.  For the last couple of weeks I have had read messages returning multiple times as unread, deleted messages returning and the same messages appearing as duplicates. Any help appreciated.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KBM193, have you checked to see if the same thing is happening in webmail?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hi and thanks for your query.

I confirm that the problem also exists when going into webmail and when using MyMail on an Android tablet.  The are consistently showing previously read messges as unread, bringing back deleted messages and sometimes having duplicate entries for the same email.  It is currently saying that I have 57 although they were cleared last night.  The problem goes back to the beginning of May.  Sorry for delay in coming back - as a newby I did not know how responses were received. 

OCE_Ady

Are all your mail clients using IMAP? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hi Yes all IMAP

OCE_Ady

I've run a repair for you. If that doesn't clear the problem, please add your landline and mobile numbers to your profile so that I can raise a fault ticket for you.

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hi OCE_Ady

Thank you for trying a repair.  Unfortunately It does not appear to have helped.  I marked all messages a read, completely closed down and restarted and it came up with all 62 messages since 1st May as being unread.  I have now added my landline to my profile.  

OCE_Ady

Thanks. I've raised the fault ticket for you.You'll get updates by text message. Please let us know how you get on. 

OCE_Ady

I've had an update already. The team have tested this in webmail and are unable to replicate the problem. How often is it occurring?

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hello and thank you for staying on the case.  The situation has existed since the beginning of May.  Each morning when I log on there are multiple unread message.  This morning it was 60 on the address I am speaking of.  I then read the new messages which of course marks them as read.  I then block select the earlier messages that I have already read and mark them as unread.  ( I have previously tried clicking on each individual message again but that is a bore.) So nothing is then highlighted.  But the next morning when I start up again everything in that inbox after 1st May is marked again as being unread.   The address in question is the Tiscali one beginning with a K.  As I have previously said I normally access via Thunderbird because I have 5 different emails including a gmail one and it is handy to view them all in one place.   I have though as a cross check yet again logged in through webmail using Firefox browser and it has 59 messages highlighted as unread (because I have since read one new one).  I have further cross checked on my Android tablet (although I only normally use it for email when on holiday).  MyMail on that also shows 59 unread messages.   So it does not seem to be my machines or my software.  I have not this morning done anything else to correct the unread message back to unread - they are all still there.  There must be an answer!

OCE_Ady

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed it back over to the team for you. 

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hello again and thank you for your continued help.

As of this morning the unread part of the problem appears to have been resolved.  Everything was read last night and today there were no highlighted messages when I powered on.  I will now have to keep monitoring the other aspects of deleted messages reappearing and the occasional duplicate message.  Hopefully it has been all the one issue.  Thanks again..    

OCE_Ady

That's great news. I know this was passed to the Email Admins yesterday and they've obviously done a great job. 

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hi again

This morning there is good news and not so good news.  I am please to report that there is no recurrance of the problem on the tiscali address but it is still happening on my old gateway address.  There is not as much traffic on that but this morning there were 7 messages from the 14th and 15th that were coming up again as unread.  Can the same fix be applied to that please? 

OCE_Ady

I'll have to raise a new ticket for that address. Can you add the gateway address to your profile and I'll get it raised for you. 

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hi again

Not so simple.  I have been trying to add for the last hour for the last hour using managing existing addresses but it is stubbornly telling me I am using the wrong password yet it lets me in to my emails at the that gateway address with that password when I go in with webmail.  Can I tell you that it is the same personal name in the first part as my tiscali billing address but with the gateway host name as the second part. I think that the managing option is getting confused because the first part of the addresses are identical.  I even went onto a different browser so that there was no way it would remember anything but I could not log into myaccount with that.  Can you give my two part address in your ticket please? 

KBM193
Popular Poster

Sorry but I am back again.  I was out this afternoon and my computer was off.  When I restarted all 49 messages from the 1st May onwards are yet again marked as being unread.  I had thought and certainly hoped that it had been fixed on the Tiscali one and just had to cure the Gateway one.  The annoying thing is that nothing has changed in my compter set up in the last year that I know of and certainly not since the 1st May unless it is something to do with Windows 10 latest update although that seems unlikely.  

OCE_Ady

I've sent a chaser to the team for you. I've explained that we're still chasing the original fault. 

KBM193
Popular Poster

Hello I am afraid that the situation has deteriorated and I can now no longer access the original tiscal inbox either through Thunderbird or through webmail.  In Thunderbird it says  Connection to imap tiscali timed out.  In webmail it says   Could not connect to the specified mail server.

I can see my tiscali sent folder and my gateway folders.

Can I escalate this myself somewhere because this is now serious.  

OCE_Ady

Hi KBM193, this is due an ongoing incident that began this morning. You can check for updates on the Service Status page.