Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My mobile phone has been hacked and my email password has been changed

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello.  I know things are not running normally at this time.

I have been hacked - my mobile has been ported to another mobile network so I cannot access it, and my talktalk email password has been changed.  So I cannot use TalkTalk password Reset to change my password and get back into my emails. 

Please help. 

Various TalkTalk phone numbers ask for a TalkTalk landline number, but I don't have one.  I only have Mail Plus for my tiscali email address.  I know my  TalkTalk account number but am not given any opportunity to use it.
What can I do?

Thanks

JF
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

I recently registered for this forum but the confirmation email never arrived.

Changed to a different non BT email address which I have now confirmed.

Has anyone got any suggestions or help re this hacking problem?

Thanks

Steve

============================================

Hello.  I know things are not running normally at this time.

I have been hacked - my mobile has been ported to another mobile network so I cannot access it, and my talktalk email password has been changed.  So I cannot use TalkTalk password Reset to change my password and get back into my emails. 

Please help. 

Various TalkTalk phone numbers ask for a TalkTalk landline number, but I don't have one.  I only have Mail Plus for my tiscali email address.  I know my  TalkTalk account number but am not given any opportunity to use it.
What can I do?

Thanks

JF
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jf2020 

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. When you try the Forgotten your Password? option are you saying:

• the only option is a reset sent to the mailbox itself?
  • the option to send to a mobile doesn't work because you have no access to the mobile number?
  • there is no alternative email address for password recovery?

If the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective I'll need to alert the TalkTalk Community team for you. They'll need to verify you as the registered email user, secure your mailbox and set up new Reset details so you can get the password changed.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes..

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Gondola.   Thank you.

• there is an option to send to the mailbox itself
  • and yes the option to send to a mobile doesn't work because you have no access to the mobile number
  • Yes there is no alternative email address for password recovery
JF
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi jf2020 

I've alerted the TalkTalk team for you.  Heads up that I currently have no visibility of when their support is going to arrive. I appreciate that this is a priority because of the hacking.

In due course, a TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header or cog icon on mobile browser)> Settings > Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel> Auto forward - disable > Filter rules - disable.

Highlighted
First Timer

Many thanks to Gondola for their help.

But I haven't heard anything from TalkTalk, which is very disappointing.

JF
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @jf2020 

I'm only too aware that we haven't had TalkTalk support for email and webmail for 2 weeks now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

I have no visibility of TalkTalk team workflow, availability or priorities but I have asked for some help here.