Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

My old Tiscali email account is not responding

38 REPLIES 38
tpg46
Participant

I only use the account every other two weeks or so but now I cannot access it because my password is not recognized. I have tried to reset it but the system sends the email link to the Tiscali email address that s not available so how do I reset the password?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @tpg46 

A weak password or compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. You may need help to recover access.  I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset.  As these Reset details haven't been set up the self-help password change / recovery options aren't effective.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk OCE will reply to this thread and Community Private Message you to verify the registered email user details:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the Reset details will be set up and one of the TalkTalk team will call on your mobile to check security with you, let you know you can set your own password and check it works.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi tpg46, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to update your password recovery details.

Ady

tpg46
Participant

I have entered all the details requested in my personal profile, so why do you ask for them again?

Community Team

I have sent you a Personal Message as thats what our data protection team require me to do. I'll have to wait for your reply before I can move forward for you. 

Ady

Community Team

Thanks tpg46, I've raised the fault ticket for you. The work should be complete in 3-5 working days. Please let me know how you get on.

Ady

tpg46
Participant

As yet, no contact from anyone with reference to the problem.

Gondola
Community Star

...Ady did say 3 - 5 working days.

Monday, Tuesday...

Community Team

Hi tpg46, I can't chase it until tomorrow. If it's not changed by then post back and I'll chase it. 

Ady

tpg46
Participant

Could you please chase this? Ihaven't heard from any one.

Community Team

Hi, the ticket has been closed showing that your email address is no longer on the database. When did you last log in to webmail? 

Ady

tpg46
Participant
Last time I logged in was over a month ago. I only use this address for non personal business which has been very useful to relieving my other addresses from so much spam mail.
Community Team

And you've definitely not asked for it to be deleted?

Ady

tpg46
Participant
No, I most definitely have not asked for the account to be deleted. I need this account
Community Team

I'll have to send you to CEO who may be able to get the address restored, but and I say this only to make sure you don't expect too much as we don't do backup and it's been gone for so long it's very unlikely that the mail will be recovered. 

Ady

Community Team

I've sent the issue to the CEO team for them to work their magic for you. Please let me know how you get on.

Ady

tpg46
Participant

Keep entering my old password but just get "unable to connect, email or password not recognized"

JohnK7
Sightseer

I have just read the whole thread and the whole situation is ridiculous. 

I am in the same boat and just begun my own thread in the little hope that I get access to it. 

All talk about the 'account' being deleted is waffle. Send an email to the affected tiscali address and see it it bounces. Mine is certainly in operation yet cannot access it. 

I have lawyers where I work looking into GDPR compliance given TalkTalk keep these tiscali email addresses live yet deny their owners access. 

And the time they are taking to sort you out is unacceptable. It may not be Ady's fault, who appears to want to try and help, but if TalkTalk dont have the requisite resources in place to deal with these matters, then they can deal with the full effects of GDPR accordingly. 

I hope it works out for you

tpg46
Participant

Thanks for the info JohnK7.

I have just sent an email to my Tiscali address, as you advised, and it has not been returned, so clearly, the account has not been deleted, then what is going on here?

What is it going to take to get TalkTalk to take action and look after their loyal customers?

It is all a farce and we really need a point of reliable contact with whosoever is in charge of this Tiscali business that can give us an honest explanation as to why the accounts are not accessible. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @JohnK7 

I've replied to your thread.  If your tiscali mailbox is active but you've lost the password then when you're verified as the registered user your access can be recovered.

You're not a TalkTalk broadband customer but TalkTalk does allow you to carry on using a TalkTalk email address and mailbox so long as you subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.