Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Need to change password on old Onetel Mail Account

15 REPLIES 15
Chatterbox

Hi,

I have a very old Onetel account that I think has been compromised.

How do I have the password changed?

Thanks,
David.

David McGeachie
Community Star

Hi David

The TalkTalk Community Team will need to authorise a password change for you currently.

When the onetel mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up Reset Details for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

Until then just please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TakTalk will need to verify you via Community Personal Messaging as the registered user and authorise a password change. You'll then get a call on your mobile to run through security before the team will give you the new password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David, Gondola is right as always. I've sent you a personal message to obtain the details I need for the fault ticket.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

Thanks I have updated profile but cannot see the personal email?

David McGeachie
Community Star

Hi David

Just popping in to say that your Community Personal Message from OCE_Ady should be top right of this Community page by selecting the envelope icon by your Avatar when signed in to Community.

Chatterbox

Thanks got it now! 🙂

David McGeachie

Hi David, I do need a landline to get your ticket raised for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Chatterbox

Hi Ady,

Landline number is in my profile?

01698*****

David McGeachie

Hi David McGeachie,

I've passed this over to our network team to have your password reset, they'll then call you with the new password 

Thanks
Chris

Chatterbox
Thanks seems like it's now been reset but nobody has called me to tell me what the new password is???
David McGeachie
Community Star

Hi David

The team will call you as soon as their other commitments allow. Heads up that they will only retry a couple of times so if you can have your 'phone on and with you to make sure you don't miss a call.

If you haven't been contacted by Monday then do let us know so a call can be scheduled for a time slot to suit you best.

Hi David McGeachie, I've asked the team to give you a call with the new password.

Ady

Chatterbox

Still not had a call with new password??

David McGeachie
Community Star

Hi David

Just a follow up to see if the team did make contact to give you the new Onetel mail password?

Just ensuring that you can stay in touch with friends and family during these strange times.

Chatterbox
Yes thanks all is ok now!
David McGeachie
Community Star

Hi David

Excellent.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know. We always appreciate your feedback.

This widget could not be displayed.