Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New email. Missing folders

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
First Timer

My email account switched over to the new system today and all my folders with their stored messages have disappeared. Surely they still exist somewhere and can be retrieved. TalkTalk will have backed up everything for security in case the switch over has problems won't they? 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Ian Parkin 

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the email account and raise a fault for investigation.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

I've added my personal information. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ian Parkin

The folder view is on the left side and enabled by the folder view option in the View menu. Select the down arrow for the View menu drop-down box.

The Inbox is selected by default. If there are any sub-folders for the Inbox (or other standard folder) there will be a right arrow to the left of the folder icon. Select that right arrow to expand the folder.

My Folders, created by you are shown below the standard folders. Select the right arrow to view those folders. If there are any sub-folders there will be a right arrow to the left of the folder name. Select that right arrow to expand the folder.

Any unread emails will be indicated by a number to the right of the folder name. Select the folder name to view the contents.  If the folder has no emails then the list will say Empty.

MyFolders.png

The folder view can be toggled on/off by the double arrow icon to the bottom left of the viewing window.

Highlighted
First Timer

Thank-you. I was clicking on the words 'My folders' rather than the tiny arrow. Might be useful to make it so that a click in that larger region opens the list of folders.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Ian

Are all your folders and emails still present, now I've shown you how to view folders and sub-folders?

I'll let TalkTalk know there's no need for a fault ticket if all is ok.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ian,

How are you getting on, is everything OK having following Gondola's advice?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi, I am having the same problem. My keep folder has gone missing since the new changes. I have tried the above advice but still haven't got my folder back. It's very important as it has things in there that I need..

thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I have had a folder problem - but not the same one. Several times today when logging into inbox I can only see the My Folders. The Inbox/Drafts/Sent/Trash/Spam are missing but then appear after about maybe 30/45 secs.

Highlighted

Hi td123, have you tried a different browser and is the issue the same? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted

Hi Soniaw2, have you checked for the emails as described by Gondola? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
Hi Ady, No I haven't tried another browser. The last 2 days my inbox has loaded with all folders visible from the off
Highlighted

Ok, thanks for letting us know.