would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New email

ANSWERED
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Team Player

I must say how much I dislike the new email layout when using it in pc landscape. Only a few emails are visible  - the first of which is an ad - and the botton is a large flashing changing distracting ad as well. Read mail is relegated to fine print in an overlarge box. This is now the same format as Yahoo mail which my wife has and hates! There doesnt appear any way to change this layout. It does look better in portrait form which I suppose is the point - but sorry TT I`m off to a better email provider

Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi Doug

The layout of new TalkTalk Mail is flexible with 4 options. If you don't like the similarity with Yahoo Mail then I'd say select the Vertical or Compact Layout option rather than Horizontal or List which is just like Yahoo. You can also hide the Folder View in the Options list if you wish to make the presentation focus more on the actual email list and individual email content.

View Layout Options

As for the advertising I can say that I'm using the Firefox Internet browser and I'm still trialling Ghostery Ad Blocker as an add-on for the browser. It's working fine and does supress the adverts. So far I've only come across one issue with Google's reCaptcha not loading unless Google.com is allowed for websites where reCaptcha is used including for TalkTalk logins.

As an aside, Ghostery also suppresses the adverts in Yahoo Mail and I have used with that platform the wide-screen add-on that nicely increases the width for the email lists.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Team Player
Thanks for the help .I`d tried all the options before I revisited them again and compact is the best but I can still only see 7 emails but strangely the ads have gone. I was using adblocker so it may have kicked in. lots of things come and go seemingly randomly. when I first selected compact the view button disappeared and only came back when I slid the open screen to the left. It doesn`t seem very user friendly but I`ll give it some time.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dougjprior, please let us know what you think when you've had more time using it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

I went back to my tablet version in landscape mode and the ads were still there using chrome with adblock. There was no compact option on 'view'. I fiddled about with various options and at one point I managed 8 emails insight. I went to talk talk app and lost the ads but still no compact option and back to 7 emails. Confused of Chelmsford

Highlighted

What device and operating system are you using? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player
It's a Lenovo A10 running android6
Highlighted

I'll ask the team to look at this for you. Thanks for providing the info.

Highlighted
Team Player
A quick update. I can now see 14 emails . The top advert slot has gone but not bottom distraction ad.. Still no' view' in layout options
Doug
Highlighted
Team Player
D F I. Just logged in again and back to list of 7 emails and and back in top slot. Something strange is occurring!
Doug
Highlighted

Hi Doug, sorry I've not been back to you sooner. I've been very busy thanks to the recent incidents and I'm still waiting for a test account for the new platform so that I can do some testing to find out what's going on for you. 

Highlighted
First Timer

I'm afraid you will not solve this 'ad priority ' preferences for the new format as the CEO says she 'cannot ' remove adverts from this new layout.

You are very lucky to see 7 new mail listed. I only see the annoying banner advert below the headers. I have a Kindle Fire 7 and the CEO says that I will have to use the library facilities for 14 months, until my contract ends!!!!! Apparently, we pay for broadband and an e-mail address, but not for using the webmail service.