would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New email

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I am having difficulty with getting rid of spam. On the tutorial for the new email set up it says "Click on the box next to the email and then choose the option Mark as spam" 

There are no boxes next to my emails just the envelopes

Can anyone help

Footloose
Highlighted
Community Star
Solution

Hi @chrisfitz 

If the checkbox next to the email in the email list is not present then select the View menu and from the drop-down menu select the Checkboxes item so that there's a tick by Checkboxes.

View Options Checkboxes.png

Actions on emails 1 - Select an email

Select an email and use the Mark as spam selection on the toolbar or in the drop down more actions menu within the email display. Please do that for real spam as that's helping the TalkTalk blocking filters learn to identify spam. 

Marking as Spam.png

The email will be moved to the Spam folder.  The TalkTalk Cloudmark Authority Engine is notified that you've marked an email as spam.  Cloudmark is the network based spam filtering that gathers information from users and other external information to be able to identify spam, primarily from a content analysis, and to block that spam on the network for the benefit of all users.

To unmark a previously marked spam email select the email from the Spam folder and use the Not Spam selection on the toolbar or in the drop down more actions menu within the email display. The email will be moved back to the Inbox.  The TalkTalk blocking filters are notified that you've unmarked the email as spam.

Marking as Spam or Ham.png

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi Gondola

Thanks a lot problem solved

Now I just need to get rid of the very irritating adverts !! 😊

Footloose
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @chrisfitz 

I've been using Ghostery as an add-on for the Firefox browser. Other ad-blockers are available. 

Just need to be aware of the need to have exceptions for purchase tracking and things like Google's Re-CAPTCHA used for website sign-in protection.

You could also miss some TalkTalk promotions and if advertising viewing diminished then there's the possibility of the service needing funding by users. It's a fine balance.

Some websites will nag you to remove an ad-blocker when the site needs advertising revenue to exist.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Great support Gondola. It's great to have you here helping other community members.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.