Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No emails for 2 weeks using POP3 or IMAP with a Broadband Account

4 REPLIES 4
etak49
First Timer

I have a Faster Broadband Account. I received emails stating I do not have a broadband account and that messages through third party applications using POP3/IMAP will not be able to be accessed. I queried this and was told to ignore the emails and for the last 2 weeks have not received any via Outlook or iPhone. I have been on 'technical chat' 4 times with no success. Promises made to fix and also to phone. Email addresses in Manage My Emails  are there and correct and can access mails via webmail.

Can anyone help please. 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @etak49 

When you look at the list of your mailboxes in your MyAccount My Mailboxes is there also a yellow banner message at the bottom indicating you do not have an active broadband service?

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Not a broadband or Mail Plus customer.png

Let me know.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

etak49
First Timer

Yes that's correct. I have asked for it to be removed but to no avail

Gondola
Community Star

Hi etak49 

OK, the erroneous message (due to a bug or software fault) is indicating that the email addresses are linked to a former MyAccount.  Because the email addresses aren't properly associated with your current MyAccount they've been restricted to webmail only access.

I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you.

TalkTalk will get your mailboxes correctly associated with your current MyAccount and remove the message that's preventing you from managing those mailboxes or creating new ones.  At the same time, having your mailboxes correctly associated with your current MyAccount will remove the restriction to webmail access only and prevent the mailboxes being deleted for so long as you're a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer.

Please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current TalkTalk landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address(es) and Save changes.

I don't have any visibility of the TalkTalk workflow and they're currently prioritising work so be prepared for a wait until you float to the top of the queue.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member (TalkTalk staff) will reply here and arrange to have the fix applied to your MyAccount .

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

etak49
First Timer

Thank you Gondola. Lets hope it is not too long.