Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Non Delivery Notifications

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Keep getting messages like this from mailer-daemon@tiscali.co.uk. Any idea why because I'm not sending anything out?

"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 2 second(s):

* jkfgvhjd@yahoo.com

Reason: The following message to jkfgvhjd@yahoo.com was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (jkfgvhjd@yahoo.com) [-9] - mta4033.mail.ne1.yahoo.com"

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @peejaygee 

Your tiscali email address has been discovered by spammers / scammers and is being spoofed. The unauthorised party has sent their spam or scam mail messages to an email address that doesn't exist. Therefore the receiving mail service has bounced back an undeliverable response and the tiscali mailer-daemon (postmaster) is letting you know about the error because your mail address was on the mail message as the sender.

Compromised or spoofed accounts  

Just in case your mailbox has been compromised you should sign in to TalkTalk Mail and look for suspicious activity in the Sent objects folder and other folders.

If in any doubt, change the password as a precaution.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I guess my email address is being spoofed as there is nothing in my sent folder

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi peejaygee 

Spammers spoof genuine email addresses to lend credibility to their dubious mail messages. Usually what happens is that they send a batch of messages using your address as sender and then move on to use a different address.

Just in case you may wish to look at the website haveibeenpwned.com to check if your email address has been discovered in a known data breach.

Knowing may help you to secure related online accounts that you have linked to your mailbox address.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer