Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not able to access Pipex Mail account

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
balein
Chat Champion

For 24 hours now I have not been able to access my Pipex Mail account either on Outlook 2016 (normal method or webmail at webmail-legacy.homecall.co.uk/webmail?index=1  (is this the correct webpage?)

I am getting authentication errors 

Task '****.dsl.pipex.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR Authentication failed.'

I tried to access via Webmail and get username or password not recognised.

I tried to reset my password under Manage TalkTalk mail and get message "Sorry the password could not be updated"

I have just wasted best part of an hour on chat to Talk Talk support who had no idea how to help.

Hopefully someone here can shed some light on what is the problem.  I think I have not had so many failed login attempts that the account is probably locked out and needs to be reset.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @balein 

The first step is to check that you can sign in to your pipex mailbox via the pipex webmail sign-in.

Try the old password and let us know what happens.

If the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account, and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data, you may need help to recover access and I'll ask for that help for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current address and contact 'phone numbers and then scroll down and add the full pipex email address to Private notes and then Save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

balein
Chat Champion

Thanks for the link to the correct webmail site. I had previously been directed to the Homecall site by the support team and had assumed it must have changed.  Unfortunately neither my old password nor my new password works with the Pipex Webmail (even though it takes a long time before telling me that). 

I think I will need your support to help recover access.  I have checked my Personal profile and it has the correct Pipex email address in the Notes and my correct phone numbers showing.  My preferred contact number is the mobile number as I am rarely at the desk where the phone for the broadband connection is located.

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi balein

I see the email addres is listed in My Account, are you able to change the password from there ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I believe you'll need to ask the TalkTalk team to authorise a password change.  Unless there's been a recent change there's been no link from MyAccount to the Pipex mail platform.

balein
Chat Champion

Hi Karl,

I have tried to change the password from the My Accounts email page but without success.  It accepts my old password by showing a green tick, then when I enter a new password gives the message "Sorry password could not be updated" at top of the screen.

I spent 30 minutes on webchat to the support desk before I started this thread trying to get them to reset my password but they simply did not seem to understand the question.  They also directed me to the wrong webmail site for Pipex so I simply don't think they are aware of Pipex accounts.  Is there any way that you can request the new password from your end as they might listen to you?  This was done about a year ago I think - initiated by an OCE after my password was suspected to be compromised after the TalkTalk dataloss and it was eventually changed but took several weeks to achieve.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi balein 

I asked the TalkTalk team to help you on Wednesday but it seems the TalkTalk Mail project participant, OCE_Ady, hasn't been online for the last two days.

OCE_Karl knows how to send out Wi-Fi Hub Black to a few select customers but doesn't usually deal with email issues which is why I stepped up to support him like I've been supporting the Email forum customers over the last year and more.

Heads up that the green tick doesn't indicate acceptance of the password it only verifies that the characters are valid. The final check is when the MyAccount system tries to change the password but fails to find the pipex email address on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Which is when you get the 'password could not be updated' message.

So, hopefully OCE_Ady will be back from Monday to authorise a password change for you or, if you're really favoured, there may be a random OCE online before then - but the team that actually do the password change are unlikely to action before Monday - so enjoy the weekend and see you Monday.  

OCE_Ady
Solution

Hi balein, the fault ticket is raised, your password has been reset. You'll receive a call later today from Francis with the new password.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

balein
Chat Champion

Hi Ady - many thanks for your help - just received a call to reset my password and everything is working now - webmail and through Outlook.

If only the main service desk could provide the same level of support you OCE's give...

OCE_Ady

That's great. I'm delighted we've got you sorted.

Ady