Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving Amazon emails

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Participant

Hi,

I'm not receiving automated password reset emails from Amazon. I've tried several times and also spoken with Amazon support who have even tried to send it manually but it still doesn't arrive.

I can receive emails from other people and companies fine, so it's really weird.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Badger43 

The previous cases investigated showed that the customer email account had been compromised and the hacker had set up a filter rule to divert Amazon password resets so that the customer was unable to reset their Amazon password.

So, sign in to your TalkTalk Mailbox here

• Check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages
  • Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser desktop version)
  • Settings
  • Select the arrow by Mail in the side panel
  • Auto forward - disable
    Filter rules - disable (this is the important one)

Let us know what you find.

Make sure you Update your reset details via the Main Settings menu. And change your mailbox password to lock out the hacker.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks Gondola.

I did think to check my auto-forward and filter settings but both were disabled. But I did reset my password anyway.

Just to be sure I've checked again and they are still both disabled.

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Badger43 

In that case the non receipt is just that there's a current problem with email. Probably no incoming off-platform messages and not just the password reset ones. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Highlighted
Participant

Ah ok.

Thanks for your help @Gondola 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola,

We are not receiving Amazon emails either to one of our TalkTalk email addresses. Amazon says the problem must lie with TalkTalk as the messages are going out: TalkTalk must have blocked Amazon emails from reaching our account. We've looked in the account settings on the web mail page and auto-forward is disabled. However, we can't find any filter setting, it's just not listed. Any advice? Thank you very much,

Georg

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi again,

Problem solved, found the filter setting and disabled it.

Georg

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Geo123 

I've just asked Amazon to change my login email address and I've received to my talktalk mailbox a one-time-password (OTP) to authenticate my talktalk.net email address. Entered the OTP and the mailbox is now verified with Amazon.

So, I think that proves there's no network blocking of mail messages from Amazon.co.uk.

And I see that you've now found a Filter rule. Presumably not set by you.

So, you must now consider your mailbox is compromised and must change your password as a matter of urgency. Before you do so, scan your devices for viruses and malware to give you confidence that no passwords are being captured.

Highlighted
Community Star

...also Geo123 

re your son's mailbox and password - have you seen and responded to StephenF's message here?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes, thank you, Gondola, that's all sorted too.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, Gondola - indeed, we've changed the password. No idea how this could have happened.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Geo123 

Great that you've changed the mailbox password to lock out the hacker. If you do figure out how the mailbox password was discovered it would be good to know. 

There are survey phishing scams out there and easy to get hooked. Have a think about where you may have inadvertently entered your email address and password or if you use any other online site using the email address. 

Any known data breach may be listed at www.haveibeenpwned.com so if you find anything there please let us know.

First Timer

Not receiving Amazon reset emails after my email account was hacked.  Checked filters etc all

disabled. Getting really frustrated after getting no help on Chat

Help please

Jackie

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jackie_w, please start your own topic and we'll be happy to help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.