Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving all emails

10 REPLIES 10
clarepetre
Sightseer

Not all of my inbound emails are arriving to my tiscali.co.uk address. I can send fine.

I have no filters set and no auto-forwards. My spam folder remains empty.

Even my verification email from talktalk community would not arrive in spite of multiple requests so I've had to register here with my hotmail account.

I will receive pr emails from companies but not order confirmations or other messages - I only know there is an issue when I call people to find out where a missing email is. 

I'm really concerned as this is my personal and professional email and I have missed a number of important financial communications.

Please, please help. I've been with talktalk since 2001 when it was tinyworld, then tiscali...please make my loyalty worth something!

@Gondola I've noticed you helping a lot of people with similar issues - any chance you could help me too? I'm not very tech-savvy...

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @clarepetre 

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

If using email software or mobile email apps, check for software updates and if the email account is set for IMAP or POP3. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting those messages from the online Inbox.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple lines top right side of the header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • Do you see the message 'There is no rule defined'?

Filter rules - There is no rule defined

If you see that message then there is nothing set up in your mailbox to affect mail incoming to the Inbox.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

clarepetre
Sightseer

Thanks for responding.

No issues with sending/receiving to myself.

When going to settings as you describe, there is no option for Filter Rules - I only see Vacation Notice, Auto Forward and Signatures... 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi clarepetre 

You're using a mobile browser.

Select the triple vertical dots top right of the screen and then scroll down to Desktop site and select that option. 

Then follow my previous guide.

clarepetre
Sightseer

Thank you, I have done that now, and see the message "There is no rule defined".

So it seems still a mystery...

Gondola
Community Star

If mail messages are missing then either they don't arrive in the Inbox or they are downloaded and deleted before you see them.

TalkTalk would need to check the network filters for the non-arrival.  They'll need the sender's email address and sent mail details including times. 

Mail messages downloaded and deleted are what a default PoP3 email account would do. So, if that's on a device you're using then you'll find the messages in the local Inbox of that device. You'd normally expect that would be for multiple mail messages not specified ones. 

If there's any suspicion of someone else downloading mail then action a change of your email password to lock out unauthorised access.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi clarepetre, please let us know when you've added the affected email address and the sender address along with any error messages received by the sender. You can add that information in private notes in your community profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

clarepetre
Sightseer

Hello, Ady, thank you for your response. I have done that now. Sorry for the delay. 

clarepetre
Sightseer

Hi Ady, I added the information that you asked for on Friday but haven't heard anything?

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi clarepetre, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've got access to a new tool to allow me to investigate this further for you myself meaning a faster response and more efficient use of the email teams time working faults that need to be worked. I have had some login issues that should be fixed today once that's done I'll be able to give you more information. Sorry again for the delay in informing you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

clarepetre
Sightseer

Thanks for getting back to me, Ady. I look forward to further news!