Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving emails from one Sender

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

I have an old tiscali email and I'm trying to get an email from a sender with a link to update the email to a new one but not receiving any emails from them.  I'm getting other emails, sent myself some test messages and recently received some spam mail so other messages are getting through.

I have been retrieving the emails from gmail but switched off delete on the server so I now see all messages on the talktalk page, also deleted any filters but still nothing from this sender. Possibly these emails are being blocked?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @dp106 

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address you're using with any relevant other notes on the sender's exact email address and finally save changes. TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details.

I've alerted the TalkTalk team to the sender's domain name.

When you say you've been retrieving the emails from gMail but you've switched off delete on the server - do you mean you've been auto forwarding emails from your tiscali mailbox to gMail?

And in relation to filters do you mean you've removed both Auto forwarding and Filter rules from your tiscali mailbox?

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Hey @Gondola 

I had it set up on Gmail that it would download the emails from here and then delete them via POP3. I've removed the option to remove the emails on the server and now see emails arriving in the talk talk app page.  I also had a filter set up to do the same thing for some reason, I've deleted that 🙂

Thing is I'm no longer with TalkTalk, never was actually 🙂 My email address is an old Tiscali email I carried on using. Now they've announced they are going to close them to non TalkTalk customers I've just been trying to get the email address updated on the sender's website.

I've updated the details with my location and mobile number

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi dp106 

The TalkTalk team will need to know your tiscali email address and the sender's email address to be able to raise a fault ticket. Just check you've added those to the Private notes box of your Community profile.

Just also confirm there's no Auto forwarding or Filter rules set up in TalkTalk Mail.

• Sign in to TalkTalk Mail
  • Select the Menu option      top right
    (triple line hamburger icon)
  • Select Settings from the list
  • Select the arrow by Mail (or Email, left side panel)
  • Select Filter Rules
  • If any rules exist then select Disable
  • Select Auto Forward
  • If that exists unselect Enable

As a workaround you may be able to re-register using an alternate email address on the sellers website. Worth investigating as that might be quicker than it would take to fully investigate a fault ticket. Just thought I'd mention that as an option.

Gondola - Halloween ghoul guide

To avoid my red eyes . . . If I spooked a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dp106, you do know that you can keep the email address and use it don't you? Yes there's a fee, but if you want to keep it you can. In the meantime add those email addresses and we'll see what we can see. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.