Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving emails

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

I am not receiving emails on one of my talktalk accounts since yesterday. Have sent testers from my other accounts. They do not bounce back but are not received. For a while have been receiving spam (bitcoin etc) on this account and using the filter to block/discard them. Could I have changed a setting soimehow to block all mail? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nickcarter3, it's not uncommon for people to accidentally block all mail in their filters. What happens if you send from the affected mail account to the same account? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady - Thanks for your respose -the mystery deepens - prior to your response I empiied spam and trash folders - as you suggested sent from/to the affected accout - immediately showed as sent and was received in trash - at the same time 2 other emails received from bank and amazon (again in trash - first since Saturday) - re-sent 'tester' emails from my other 2 talktalk accounts - both showed as sent but neither received by the affected account - I may not have mentioned but can send mail fine from the affected account...

Highlighted

And have you checked your mail filter rules to ensure that you're not blocking the incoming mail?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Ady - this morning I disabled my 'blocked senders filter' and all the senders I had blocked. Sent testers from my other 2 accounts and received immediately in inbox in affected account. I have this feature enabled on my other 2 accounts. Does this mean on this account 1) I can not block unwanted senders 2) any mail received since Saturday has just disappeared into the 'ether' - as mail is not returned senders will have no inklng that I have not received it? - your advice appreciated -  many thanks so far - Nick

Highlighted
Solution

Hi Nick, you should be able to block senders. It's just that sometimes you can accidentally over do it on the blocking and sometimes the filters corrupt. 

Ady

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Ady - having already cleared everything in filter rules list - I am starting to add any unwanted mail to a new list ... working fine so far...

Highlighted

That's excellent, thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Ady