Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving emails

ANSWERED
18 REPLIES 18
Team Player

I have been upgraded and can see emails after 20:20 last night on my client devices but none since. The email telling me I had been upgraded and subsequent emails are on the new platform visible if logged in to web mail but not coming through to any client. 
Nothing changed at my end vis a vis ports etc. Any thoughts anyone

Team Player
Have you logged into the new platform ? I am not seeing emails since migrated I can send to myself but don’t see in received items on my normal iOS and pc clients but can sWe these sent items to me from me and a bunch of emails to me from others in the new web platform
Community Star

Hi @DB8417 

Just to summarise your experience:

• Your pipex mail is now live on the new TalkTalk Mail platform
  • Is it a dsl.pipex.com or a dial.pipex.com email address?
  • Working ok via webmail for both send and receive?
    You can sign in to webmail and compose, send and receive a mail message to yourself and see that message arrive in the online Inbox?
  • Are you a TalkTalk home broadband customer with a MyAccount?
  • Is the email address added to that MyAccount?
 Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Team Player
  • Your pipex mail is now live on the new TalkTalk Mail platform
  • - yes
  • Is it a dsl.pipex.com or a dial.pipex.com email address?
  • Dial.pipex
  • Working ok via webmail for both send and receive?
  • Haven’t checked send 
    You can sign in to webmail and compose, send and receive a mail message to yourself and see that message arrive in the online Inbox?
  • can see emails sent from  a client dial.pipex account and it is delivered and shows in the online 
  • Are you a TalkTalk home broadband customer with a MyAccount? No
  • Is the email address added to that MyAccount? No 
Team Player

I don’t seem to be able to sen from the new platform 

Community Star

If the send doesn't go there should be an error message.

Team Player

Hi 

It seems the account is “split” between the new platform and the old one so I can’t receive into my client account on iOS or pc devices but can send. I can receive into the new on line platform but can’t send from it - I can use the new platform to send to my pipex email and see it on the platform but a test message to an external account did not arrive 

Team Player
To clarify the email sent on platform to my pipex account is seen as sent on the platform but not seen on my client set up in iOS or pc. An email sent from new platform to external account is seen on platform sent folder but does not arrive.
Emails sent from Client on iOS etc are delivered but not shown on the platform except in the inbox on platform if sent to my pipex mail account
Team Player

I have sent a new message from the new platform to an external non pipex account and its arrived

Community Star
Solution

Hi @DB8417 

Thanks for confirming that sending is working from the upgraded TalkTalk webmail.

Onto the receiving of email in an email client - another member has just popped in to say that changing the incoming server host name in the email client settings has worked to collect email for him.

The change made was for the incoming server name

• From pop.dial.pipex.com
  • Change to pop.talktalk.net

No promises but if you're willing to make that change it may well work to collect your mail.

Do let us know if that's an effective workaround.

Team Player

Hi thanks that seems to work change from pop.dial.pipex.com to pop.talktalk.net. Any reason why? 

I have another problem my wife’s account seems to be stuck between the move.  Receiving has stopped but when she logs into the new platform she is redirected to the old platform so can’t see mails to the account  since the beginning of the move 

Community Star

Hi DB8417 

Once onto the TalkTalk Mail platform then the TalkTalk servers will receive for and are permitted senders for sending mail for any domain active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Your wife's email address, as you say, may be part way through migration or the sign in authentication is awaiting the addition of her credential so see what tomorrow brings.

She is signing in with the primary email address not an alias for a primary address? Only the primary address will be recognised as having a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

Team Player

Hi 

yes she is logging in with main address- is it usual to take a long time ? The old email seems to have stopped working today at around 10:00am 

many thanks for your help 

Community Star

Hi DB8417 

The upgrade ought to be seamless so there's obviously some delays either in completing the copying of data onto the Mail platform or in updating the sign in authentication system.

Team Player

Hi 

still not working for my wife’s account one spurious spam email arrived to the client account but the platform is still directed to the old web interface.

is there anyway to contact tech support directly to ask about this specific issue? 

Team Player

Hi email still not coming through is there a tech support number ?

Community Star

Hi DB8417 

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from your TalkTalk 'phone with Technical Support available every day.

TalkTalk support via LiveChat is here: Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the button to appear - Blue button for Chat now; Purple button when LiveChat is busy; Grey or no button when LiveChat is offline.

Team Player
Thanks for all your help
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Apologies for this.

The issue raised with Pipex emails is now showing on our Service Status page and updates will be provided here under email.

Thanks

Debbie