Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving emails

4 REPLIES 4
mikesmail
First Timer

Hi. I can send emails ok but nothing received since start of Sep, even when I send myself tests from my Hotmail acct. I've cleared all junk, drafts, spam etc and am well inside allowance. Settings are all as per the ones that have been working for years. The problem is the same on all my platforms.....android, apple, and windows, and on webmail. 

None
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @mikesmail 

Not receiving any incoming mail on any device including webmail via a browser is indicative of mail being blocked or diverted or downloaded and deleted from the Inbox.

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Are you signed in ok? Check Spam and Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox.

Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox which means mail is being collected and deleted from the Inbox.

So you need to check:

• Any Auto forward is disabled
  • Any Filter rules are disabled
  • Your Reset details are present and correct

Update your Reset details is accessed via the main settings menu. And Auto forward and filter rules are via the Settings menu item and Mail (or Email) in the left side panel.

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

Filter rules - Disable

If you've found and Disabled any Auto forward and any Filter rules that you didn't personally set up it's time to change your email password via the Forgotten password reset. But first, have you scanned your devices to remove password capturing viruses, trojans and malware? Did you find anything to indicate how your mailbox came to be compromised?

Via the Settings menu item and Basic settings in the left side panel is an Automatic sign out. I recommend setting that for 5 minutes then signing out of TalkTalk Mail. Clear the browser cache and cookies and wait at least 5 minutes before signing in again. Leave the 5 minute sign out present for the next 24 hours. 

Let us know what you find.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mikesmail, Gondola is usually right on the money. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Olivetti111
First Timer

Hi this post has helped.

I haven't received emails for the past 3 days. When i checked forwarding my emails were being sent to an unauthorised email address. I have turned this off and changed password via desktop.

Have you got any advice regarding my I phone which has the same email set up on it?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Olivetti111 

Have you scanned your devices to remove password capturing viruses, trojans and malware? Did you find anything to indicate how your mailbox came to be compromised by someone that set up the auto forward?

If you find any password grabbing malware then change the password again.

The Mail app on the mobile phone will need to have the password updated to align with the new password you've chosen.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer