cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

'Not secure' in address bar

8 REPLIES 8
Popular Poster

The 'not secure' message has started to appear recently.  I have noted a few other people worried abut this and followed the guidance in one answer to untick the 'allow preloading of external images' option.  It helped a little, but I still get the 'not secure'.  There is no other warning symbol and no https at that point.  it is unsettling in the modern world and I feel obliged to keep logging out and in again.  Is there nothing to be done to stop this?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cheesed007, what website is this relating to? Do you mean the community?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Hello - no, I mean on my emails.  it seemed to have stopped, but I note today has restarted.  All seems okay until I go to compose a reply and then 'not secure' is added to the address bar.  It does not disappear until I log out.  This is very frustrating, time consuming and worrying.

I can't replicate it. I've just read, written etc and always see the padlock. Is it particular mail that's affected?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

It doesn't seem to be specific mail.  Sometimes it seems to happen when I go to print something off, other times when I just start a reply.  Occasionally it goes for quite a while with me going back and forward between emails and there is no sign of 'not secure'.  But the padlock does go when the 'not secure' emerges.  I have just done a little experiment - went to print mode for one email and no problem.  Then I went to print mode for a different email and it went straight to 'Not secure  apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite' with the rest of the address after that.  As I say, it is concerning and frustrating in that it is so time consuming having to log off repeatedly.  I have no other problems with any other aspects of the pc.

Popular Poster

In addition, I have just experimented on 'replies' to different emails.  Some just proceed without a problem, some just bring up 'not secure'.

Thanks for any thoughts

Enlightened One

This issue has been flagged up before in a few threads. Gondola offered an explanation in this one email-is-saying-it-is-insecure He blamed insecure content in some messages, which may explain why it happens some times and not others.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
Popular Poster

Thanks for that, I have had a look and that seems to cover the disappearing padlock issue in the replies.  It remains a bit disconcerting to see it go, but life isn't perfect.

The most important part of staying safe with email is to not touch any email from an unrecognised sender except to delete the mail, never unsubscribe and never click on links. 

Ady