cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Old tiscali account not working

9 REPLIES 9
First Timer

I still use my main tiscali account daily But I need to get access to one of my old accounts urgently, (niamhwhetton@tiscali), the account is still showing on my email list but I cannot get access to it. It is very urgent can anyone help me please.

Ian
Community Star

Hi @Ian Wh 

The email address may be listed in your MyMailboxes area of MyAccount but my check shows that the mailbox is not active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

If a mailbox is not used for 6 months then it's flagged for deletion. If not used for more than a year then the mailbox does get deleted. That's a permanent deletion including the contents. It's not possible for the user to recover the mailbox or recreate the email address.

You can test yourself by sending the mailbox a mail message and it'll come back 550: 5.1.1 Recipient Undeliverable (TT512).

Try and change the password using the forgotten password button in the Changing your email password and the system may well issue an error message indicating that the mailbox has been permanently deleted due to inactivity or on your request.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

That’s a disaster then as some really important information was sent to that address yesterday. Can’t talk talk reinstate the email address even on a temp basis. 

Ian
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ian Wh, I'm sorry but once an email address is deleted from the database it cannot be recreated. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Hi Ian Wh, I want to look into this further. In order to do that I have ask you for security information. I also need you to verify your account so that you can read and reply to my Personal Message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

First Timer

Thanks Ady how do I confirm that with you 

Ian
First Timer

Hello, one if my tiscali email addresses has been deleted, it’s the recovery address for my Instagram account and I desperately need to recover that account as it’s had lots of photos on this of my father who I have just suddenly lost. This is a follow on from a discussion with Ady last week who was helpful

thsnkd Ian 

Ian
Community Star

Hi Ian Wh 

I checked the email address and it came back as Undeliverable. You can check and enter the email address at this website and if the mailbox is active it'll say Deliverable.

Also send the email address a message from another email account and see if you get an immediate bounceback error saying Undeliverable.

Let us know the outcome of both checks.

If you haven't taken a backup copy and the email address has been deleted then all contents will have been deleted and it will not be possible to recover the mailbox or recreate it. The only small chance is if the mailbox was suspended by the email admins and not actually deleted by the system.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

Ady has sent you a Community Personal Message apparently. Have you replied? You need to be signed in to Community. Personal Messages are via the envelope icon by your Avatar top right of this page. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Hi Ian,

I've sent you a PM 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Ian Wh,

Apologies for the delay, I've replied to your PM

Chris