cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Old tiscali email hasn’t been hacked and I can’t change password please help

3 REPLIES 3
First Timer

I have a hacker regularly reading my email and targeting my Facebook friends .I can’t find the password reset for the email account as I don’t have a talktalk account for phone or broadband .Please help - I am a key worker and haven’t got time for this nonsense too x

Community Star

Hi Jessie

We'll help you get your tiscali mailbox secured.

First thing is to have confidence that your email devices aren't giving away your passwords. Scan for viruses and malware so that when you change your password you know nobody else can read your mail messages.

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. Please do try the Forgotten your Password option. If there's an alternate shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the password.

If you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the account itself or, preferably, update Reset details via the main menu and then use the Forgotten password option.

Main Settings Menu is the triple line icon top right header or cog icon on the mobile browser.

Update your reset details is on the menu. You'll see a mobile phone number and an alternative email address boxes. Make sure you have access to those and clear those boxes if not yours to enter your Reset details and Save.

I recommend the new password is made up of 12-15 multicase letters and numbers and a special character like @ and to make it reasonable memorable base it on multiple unrelated words.

One final thing. Disable any unrecognised Auto forward or Filter rule. Main Settings menu > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail or Email in the side panel and select Auto forward and Filter rules in turn to make sure nothing unrecognised is enabled there.

By now, although a bit of a faff to go through all that, your mailbox will be secure. Eavesdroppers will be locked out.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Star

Hi Jessiep 

Just following up to make sure you were able to change the email password.

We do like to get feedback.  Not only to make sure you're safe and secure but so we know any hackers are well and truly locked out.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible.

Have sent you a private message so we can help with this. 

Thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.