Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

OneTel email account deletion

2 REPLIES 2
Steve0708
First Timer

I would also like to delete my onetel mail account. Can you provide me with a current link to somewhere where I can do that? thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Steve0708 

To maintain your personal security then full deletion of a redundant onetel email account is a good decision. 

The Data Protection Team will delete an email account for you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Right to Erasure.  Here's the TalkTalk advice article related to the GDPR. Scroll down and select the section "Your right to be forgotten also known as Right to Erasure" for making a postal request for your email account and any contents to be authorised for deletion by the Data Protection team.

As well as your identification they'll need proof that you're the registered user of the email address including:

• Email address for deletion
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Your current contact details

Account verification is managed by the Data Protection team before email account deletion is authorised as deletion of personal data is not reversible. 

Reports say that the process is handled quickly but do please update us on the outcome as it's good to get feedback.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi Steve0708, please let us know how you get on.