cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel Email Server Down via Horde Login - again!

37 REPLIES 37
247cookie
Popular Poster

Same again as yesterday! Cannot access server as it just hangs.

It did clear a couple of times during the evening after @Gondola worked some magic but this morning - the same 🤐.

Task '**********@onetel.com - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Can you help please?

Dave103
Chatterbox

Same again here, no response from the Onetel Mail server!

The reliability of this service is appalling, it’s like lucky dip if your going to be able to access your emails or not!

It’s about time Talk Talk sorted out their reliability issues.

A response from the tech guys would be appreciated as the online chat doesn’t work: too busy to answer, not even held in a queue, and the phone number they give out doesn’t exist, and the other number just places you in a queue until your cut off! How’s that for modern day customer service? Think we are beginning to see an overall trend here!🤔 TALK TALK WAKE UP AND DEAL WITH YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICES,!!!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi

There's an ongoing problem with OneTel email. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

247cookie
Popular Poster

Is there an active campaign to get old Onetel users to ditch their accounts? I guess this must be costing TalkTalk to maintain the server?

I'm happy with using my Onetel account and it would be a pain to cancel my TalkTalk account and move to another ISP.

Community Team

Hi 247cookie, there's no campaign to drive you away. In fact in the near future you'll receive comms from us inviting you to have your mailbox migrated onto the new mail platform and start to enjoy the same levels of support and reliability as the rest of the TalkTalk email domains currently benefit from.

Ady

247cookie
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Ady , will this be with my current email address?

If so, good news. If not, I could pick any ISP/broadband/telephone provider to give my business to if I have to change email address?

Thanks for all your help - it's so frustrating to be unable to access my emails 😁

nickH53
Chatterbox
Likewise been unable to even access the login page for 24hrs or more now -be good to know what is going on because this is becoming a regular occurrence
Dave103
Chatterbox

Regardless of what you engineers are claiming to have done with the Pipex Issue, the Onetel Mailzone Horde page is still not working! This is now over 48 hours I and I’m sure many others, have been totally unable to access our email accounts. This is way beyond unacceptable!

nickH53
Chatterbox
And now we're being advised, due to an upcoming platform change, to backup all contacts, important emails etc ..........bit of a challenge when you can't access your email in the first place !!!
Dave103
Chatterbox

Back up emails and contacts! (More like *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off and go away!)

Got no chance of doing anything with this nightmare of an operation that’s being run by Talk Talk!

In this day and age surely to provide a simple reliable email service should be relatively straight forward? It’s not as if it’s the nineties all over again; at least you’d think so!🙄

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

I'm having problems with onetel too - since Thursday evening.

Clearly not fixed, and needs properly looking at, rather than "monitoring before closing the case" as indicated on the status page

247cookie
Popular Poster

At 12:51 on the 16th November 2019 Onetel email server still cannot be accessed😡

@OCE_Ady  @Gondola please help...................

Community Team

Hello,

I've advised our Network Team now and asked for an update on this. As soon as we know more we'll update our Service Status page with more information. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Community Team

Hello,

I've now received an update to advise that our engineers have tested this and have been unable to replicate this fault.

If you're still experiencing the same issue then please can you update your Community Profile with the email address affected (please do not post any personal information on the Community) and also a brief description of the issue that you're experiencing and we'll pass these examples over for our Network engineers to take a further look.

Thanks

Tony C P
Repeat Guest

Still down and have had only very intermittent service since last Wednesday. What exactly is problem? Looks like a refund will be on its way. Absolutely atrocious!

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

Hi Michelle,

I'm new on the community.  Could you describe more fully how to provide this information.

I can simply tell you that I have two onetel email addresses I use and both are failing to sign in from my phone, and very sporadic behaviour from my desktop.

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

and having just checked my desktop version, my entire inbox has now disappeared too!

nickH53
Chatterbox
My partner has not been able to access her email at all since thurs am. I was able to briefly earlier this evening, now back to not even being able to access the log-in page ..........PATHETIC !!!
Dave103
Chatterbox

A refund?

No, no,no; what you’ll be getting is an email and a “badge” to show how clever you’ve been to post a comment on the community talktalk forum!

only thing is it will have to be on an alternative email provider such as the gmail account I’ve had to set up as my three onetel email accounts are now virtually inaccessible due to the total instability of the Horde web site/login! Fixed? It is definitely not!

This ridiculous state of play since appropriately last Thursday still exists! Lucky dip if can manage to get a login page on the Onetel Mail Zone and then three to five minutes to open each message with numerous drop outs and re-logins!

And talktalk have the audacity to send me “badges” in emails to my  gmail account like you’d send to a five year old!

Jesus; is this the best level of professionalism this company can manage?

FIX THE SERVER SO WE CAN ALL GET TO OUR EMAILS ASAP,

OR IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK FROM A COMPANY WHO TREATS ITS CUSTOMERS LIKE FIVE YEAR OLDS?

Dave103
Chatterbox

Congratulations talktalk your customers have awarded you an “INCOMPETENCE BADGE” so wear it with pride!