cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel Email Server Down via Horde Login - again!

Dave103
Chatterbox

Congratulations!

Hey Dave103,

You've just earned the Staying Active badge, So what's it all about? Here's a description of the badge you've just received:

" You’ve posted 5 replies on the community, thanks for keeping the conversation flowing. "

Why not checkout your new badge in all its glory on your profile?

WOW! IM SO EXITED (NOT!) ALL THESE BADGES IM GETTING AND STILL NO EMAIL ACCESS!

GET A LIFE TALKTALK!

Community Team

Hello,

I'm really sorry that this is still ongoing. Following on from my message yesterday evening we did receive a message to advise that one of our engineers had completed some work. We posted an update and initially this did appear to work for some of our customers, however I can see from posts later on in the evening and today that the service is now intermittent and very slow.

I've passed this back and advised of this and will let you know as soon as we know more from our engineers.

Thanks

247cookie
Popular Poster

I've been receiving emails to my Outlook but the send/receive is soooooooooooooo slow at picking them up.

Thanks for chasing this for us all @OCE_Michelle 

I wonder if there's a backlog of emails to go through the server still which is causing it to be slow?

Community Team

Hello again,

I've now been advised that further work has been completed to restore service. They have also advised that they will be continuing investigations tomorrow morning to establish why the service has been intermittent and slow.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi,

Just a quick note to advise that our engineers are still investigating this now.

Thanks

Dave103
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle, I thank you for your work in chasing up this outage.

I am currently in the arduous process of unpicking my life from the 30+ years of using onetel as my go to email accounts. Having now experienced the increasing level of instability since talktalk has taken over the business’s am no longer in a position to trust your company to offer a service with any professional reliability and as such I am removing everything I do from your company. It is with deep regret that I will be unable to use my old email addresses I have become quite attached to but your company leaves me no other choice.

For the record, the logo and name ”talktalk” will be lodged in my head for ever as something of a nightmare and to avoided at all cost!

Your companies ability to treat customers so very badly will eventually take its toll I’m sure.

dave 103

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

Hi Michelle,

just to confirm that still having problems with onetel (6.30pm).

I was intrigued by an earlier comment that engineers were unable to replicate the fault.

I've been happy with onetel down the years, but there have been a couple of incidents in recent months that have taken several days to get sorted.

Not getting at you, but would value knowing whether these problems are because onetel is no longer fully supported and it would be more reliable to use another email address, or simply how it goes sometimes and onetel will be as fully supported as talktalk email for the foreseeable future,

I look forward to hearing your comments

and thankyou for all you are doing to keep us updated in the mean time!

Pete

Community Team

Hi Pete, Onetel email is still fully supported and you will soon be migrated onto the same platform as all other TalkTalk customers and will get exactly the same services and support as all other users. 

Ady

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

Sounds good - many thanks Ady!

Community Team

You're very welcome. 

Ady 

247cookie
Popular Poster

It would appear that things have settled down now and emails appear to be coming through as expected.

Thanks everyone.

Community Team

That's great 247cookie, thanks for posting to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Dixie1
Popular Poster
Still experiencing a very poor and intermittent service.
cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

Likewise still sporadic here.  Not as it should be.  Concerning that talk talk couldn't replicate the fault when first reported, and and therefore presumably unable to verify that it's not working properly now.

It would be interesting to know

1)Whether Talk Talk actually diagnosed a fault

2)What they actually did about it

3)Whether they will be able to restore proper functionality and realise they have done so

Please keep looking into it Talk Talk - thankyou! Pete 

Community Team

Hi all, I've asked the business to look into this again as several of you have had continuing issues. 

Ady

247cookie
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Ady ,

To be fair the server was very slow to access yesterday, and still is today. But slow, although frustrating, is so much better than no access at all!

I look forward to your techies finding out what went wrong and being able to correct it.

Regards

Andy

cuffleypete
Repeat Guest

Thanks Ady!

Community Team

You're welcome. 

Ady