Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel account compromised - please change my password

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Roseoregan 

The TalkTalk Community Team will need to authorise a password change for you currently.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

Community profile updated as instructed

rogrog
Highlighted
First Timer

Still waiting for contact and instructions.

It is 18 days now since I first reported the problem to Talktalk.

rogrog
Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Rose, 

Have sent you a private message if you could reply to that we'll get this sorted for you asap. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Problem now resolved onetel password changed by tech support and email account added to talk talk customer account by tech support so hopefully can now change password on a regular basis.  Thank you StephenF and FrancisT.

Rose

rogrog