Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel.com password change

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
mikearmstrong
First Timer

I was recently scammed for a lot of money and discovered that my onetel.com email address had been pwned. I understand, from an earlier post, that Ady can do this, if he is provided with proof of ownership of the account.

By this mail, i am asking me to let me know exactly what he needs to change my password for me, please.

Mike

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Mike

I'll alert Ady and he'll wish to verify your onetel email registration and personal details via a Community Private Message that he'll send you in due course. The message can be picked up via the envelope icon that will be by your avatar top right of this Community forum page when you're signed in to Community.

In the meantime please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the onetel email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mikearmstrong, I've sent you a personal message to obtain the necessary information to get the password reset for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

mikearmstrong
First Timer

About 7 or 8 weeks ago, I discovered that me onetel email address had been pwned, so I tried to find out how to change my password. Eventually, I found out that the only way was by asking a TalkTalk employee called Ady via the TalkTalk forum. He was very helpful but, sadly had to pass this request over to someone else, who took around 5 weeks - and several reminders - to actually do something. Unfortunately, what this individual then did was simply to disable my password, meaning I have now been without my onetel email service for 11 days now. I was told that the person would call me. However, like most of us, over the years I have had many, many calls from numbers I did not recognise, pretending to be TalkTalk, so I am suspicious about any call where someone asks me who I am and tells me he or she is from that company. I was driving on Monday 6.01.20 and received a call from a 0131 number and the person asked me to confirm my name. I asked what the call was about but this person refused to tell me, so I hung up, as I was about to drive into a tunnel. I have since found out from Ady that this was the call I should have taken. The person involved has not bothered to try to contact me again in the intervening week.

I am struggling to think of any worse service I have ever experieced.

HELP!

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @mikearmstrong 

I have alerted OCE_Ady.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer