Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel.com

4 REPLIES 4
DavidCooke
First Timer

When I was living in the UK I set up an Account with Onetel and had a onetel.com email address.

In 2008 we returned home to New Zealand suspending our account but retained the email address which has continued to be used by many contacts. I must admit that this has been for me a free onetel service!

I have had a gmail account for some time and until recently this account would collect any onetel.com messages for us to view. The recent transfer to "Horde" has stopped this from happening and I now am in the process of changing all my contacts to my email address.

What I want to happen now is for the onetel.com address to be closed off so that I don't have to check it all the time for spurious messages. How can I do this?

Thanks

David

Gondola
Community Star

Hi David

If you're happy that the password is strong and secure and unique such that the account cannot be readily hacked then I'd say just leave the email account unused for 180 days and it should automatically be flagged for deletion because of non-use.

But if you'd like the account secured and suspended pending deletion for non-use then you can take up the option of verifying your ownership of the account by providing the original registration details and the email admins can suspend the account for you.

To prove you're the legal owner of the email, double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Onetel email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Onetel email address when first registered.

Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account suspension.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi David, unfortunately for the time being at least we can't delete an email address for you. If you still have access to MyAccount and you can delete it through manage webmail if it appears in your list. Otherwise I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. 

DavidCooke
First Timer

Thnks for your reply but when I try to log in to My Account it says that my address and or password at not recognised and when I try to fix that it says my address does not exist! Funny that because through Horde I can log in and get messages sent to obscured for customer securityonetel.com. Where do I go from here?

Community Team

If you can't get into MyAccount then I'm afraid for the time being there's nothing we can do to help.