cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel intermittent.

BigStar263
Participant

What's the current status with OneTel email? Haven't been able to access anything for almost 24 hours now. Had a chat exchange with technical support this morning. They acknowledged an issue and said try back on 2 or 3 hours. Still nothing. Please can you give us some idea of the situation and likely resolution time.

SOMEBODY
Team Player
Gotten the impression that they don't have much of a clue as to when things are going to satisfactorily resolved.

Both yesterday and earlier today the Talk Talk services status notifier webpage was displaying that only Email services were impaired/malfunctioning. But the webpage is now stating that Broadband services are currently malfunctioning also.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Service-Status-Dashboard/bd-p/service
Community Team

Evening everyone,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you with an update. Our engineers have tested this and have been unable to replicate this fault.

If you're still experiencing the same issue then please can you update your Community Profile with the email address affected (please do not post any personal information on the Community) and also a brief description of the issue that you're experiencing and we'll pass these examples over for our Network engineers to take a further look.

Thanks

SOMEBODY
Team Player
Hello OCE Michelle.

When you state that yuur engineers have tested "this", what is that "this" you refer to?
I am currently unable to get the Login page itself to display, and am instead repeatedly met as I have been for the past 2 days with the response:

The connection has timed out
The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond.

So, in my case the email addresses in question seem irrelevant currently, when I can't even get to the point of inputting my login particulars.
Community Team

Hi SOMEBODY,

Thanks for the update. The engineers were able to load the site and login ok. I don't have a Onetel email account, however I've just tried to load the login page and receive the same error message so I've passed this over now and will keep you updated.

Thanks

SOMEBODY
Team Player
Hi again Michelle.

Just wanted to say thanks for your prompt reply, and for the info therein. And for your efforts on our behalf.

Appreciated!
BigStar263
Participant

This problem is still ongoing. My affected email address is already referred to in the Private Notes section of my Community Profile.

I'm using Apple Mail on my MacBook Pro running OS 10.14.6  It's showing the 'disconnected' symbol next to the account name. The inbox for my Onetel account is showing as being completely empty.

Same with Mail on my iPhone (ios 13.2.2).

On webmail (via Chrome or Safari) mailzone.onetel.com simply doesn't connect. Mailzone.onetel.net.uk eventually throws up the message "Site can't be reached. mailzone.onetel.net.uk took too long to respond.

Been like this for over 24 hours now.

Community Manager

@SOMEBODY  The mail zone login page is back up now can you confirm please. 

thanks 

BigStar263
Participant

Can log into both .com and .net.uk mailzone accounts, but within a second, a red message saying "Mail server closed the connection unexpectedly" on both sites before any messages can be displayed.

Still no action through email clients on mobile or desktop.

SOMEBODY
Team Player
Hi Stephen F

Yes, I can now confirm that everyhing is working again. Logged into my email addresses without issue. All is operating as normal once accessed.

Thanks to yourself, Michelle & all working on the resolution of this, and for the liaising with us whilst this extended down period has progressed.

Knowing for sure that somebody is passing on the info in both directions as has been the case here makes such a positive difference to the managability of frustration levels.

Thanks again.
Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid

Likewise for me too.

Back working and picking up new messages etc again since some time on Saturday afternoon.

Still OK early today, although seems a little slower than normal, but pleased it is at least functional again.

Thanks. 

robincm1
Conversation Starter

https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/ still not working for me.

usually I get:

<<This site can’t be reached

mailzone.onetel.net.uk unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED>>

but sometimes I get as far as the login page but then it all grinds to a halt again!

Hopefully, soon it will get sorted for everyone!
nickH53
Chatterbox
My partner has had no luck for 4 days now -on the rare occasion she gets to the login page, she never gets beyond it.
I finally managed to access my inbox yesterday evening (after 3 days) and open emails , this morning I could initially access the email page but not open anything and now, trying again, cannot even get to the login page................what is going on ?
Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid

Still working for me but it is definitely slower than normal. Thunderbird should display the number of new posts in its main left hand side menu but I can actually go to the inbox before anything appears there and find there are new emails.

I've just checked Mailzone/Horde directly and I could login in without issue but the inbox itself loaded so slowly that I received a time out message in red at the bottom:- "Could not connect with server".

I used the refresh inbox button twice - no joy but when I used the browser to reloaded the whole page suddenly my inbox contents appeared.

The issue seems to be a timeout thing with the server; I'm guessing Thunderbird is less impatient and will try to establish a connection for a much longer before timing out than when you login directly.

So from this and the other users' experiences described here the problem has clearly not been fixed satisfactorily.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

Yes, things are not optimal.  

Since it's return to service for me last night it has performed decidedly slow/laboured for me too. But I was mainly just relieved that my email was working at all, however lacklusterly, and was hoping the go-slow would fade away sooner or later.

I don't use Thunderbird. I load/access directly from my browser. The majority of actions being performed (changing from one email to another, changing folders, deleting, etc had been preceeded by a  "Loading" notification or the refresh arrow circle spinning for a time.

When exiting an email address I was getting a message from within the horde email system informing of an error communicating with server.

And a few minutes ago the email service reverted to unreachable once more. My browser is again relating the all too familiar message whenever I trying to loading the email webpage:

The connection has timed out

The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond.

This is like a game of snakes and ladders .... without any ladders & too many snakes. I'm consequently back to square one again already.   😤

Community Team

Hi,

Thanks everyone for retesting and I'm sorry to hear that this is now intermittent and really slow. I've passed this onto our engineers again and advised that this is still not fully resolved. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

SOMEBODY
Team Player
Thank you.
Community Team

Good Afternoon,

I've now been advised that further work has been completed to restore service. They have also advised that they will be continuing investigations tomorrow morning to establish why the service has been intermittent and slow.

Would it be possible to let us know how it compares over the next 24hrs please.

Thanks

SOMEBODY
Team Player
My email has returned again, with full functionality, though still somewhat laggy in performing some actions.
Am no longer receiving a Horde notification message that there is an communication error with the server when exiting my email addresses.

So things are heading back in the right direction once again.

Thanks.
rmgalley
Conversation Starter

An update.

My current situation - I do now seem to have access to my Onetel email account. However all is still not well.

I use Thunderbird email client and, as a spam filter, Mailwasher. I can compare access times to my Onetel account directly against two Tiscali accounts (and 3 others) whether checking with Mailwasher or Thunderbird. Currently it is taking between 5 and 20 times longer to access Onetel compared with the others.