cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel intermittent.

Community Team

Hello,

Just a quick update to let you know that our engineers are still investigating this morning and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

BigStar263
Participant

My status still hasn't changed. i.e. no connectivity at all through email programs on laptop and mobile; can log onto mailzone but it immediately disconnects from Onetel/TalkTalk end before any messages can be displayed. Been like this for over 60 hours. Need to be sorted soon, please!

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

As per OCE Michelle's request to keep you updated, I can say I do seem to have Onetel connectivity and able to check via Mailwasher and download content to Thunderbird.

Currently login times have now reduced compared to yesterday evening and are no only 3 to 5 times slower than login times to other email accounts such as Tiscali. Could it be the Onetel servers are still overloaded and trying to catch up after the outage which began last Thursday?

The situation does continue to improve but is still not as it should be. Thanks for you efforts.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

This saga continues ....

Email is currently ( Monday 12:30pm) unreachable once more. Attempts to load/access the Horde login webpage are again resulting in:

The connection has timed out

The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

This saga continues ....

Email is unreachable once more. Attempts to reach the Horde email login webpage are again resulting in the following fail notification:

The connection has timed out

The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond.

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

Earlier I had slow connectivity to my Onetel email account. It's now going backwards.

I have lost connectivity to Onetel with error message:

An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdException
Server did not respond in a reasonable amount of time. Unable to connect.

Tony C P
Repeat Guest
Just live chatted technical support. They say TT are upgrading systems but could give no idea when will be fixed. System is overall poor today. I am on fibre getting av 23mbps compared to their g'teed 38mbps. Emails are still intermittent. No one seems to care a jot. It needs a UK lkandline number to make contact to voice displeasure
rmgalley
Conversation Starter

It has changed again and going downhill. Logging in to Onetel gives a near instant response but it is only to notify of a login failure. Error message now says:

An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdReplyPOP3Error
Internal login failure. Refer to server log for more information.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

Thanks to all working towards the fix.

Things finally seem to be back to normal (at least as I write this: Monday 7pm). Everything within the email service appears to be functioning normally, and without the lag that characterized its performance during the periods when it was accessible over the last few days.

Hope it's now going to stay this way for a good long while.

Because we have all well and truly earned our patience stripes with this outage. And combined with the extended down period the service suffered only a month ago, the disruption we have endured this time around has well and truly lost whatever novelty value it might once have held.

Fingers crossed.   🤞

Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid
Yes, seems to be back up to speed now.

Fingers crossed indeed.

Ironic that one of the first things I received after this email hiatus was my TalkTalk monthly statement.
SOMEBODY
Team Player

Hahaa

Yes, come what may, you never get to skip on the bill.

They were working overtime to make sure that one arrived.   😏

BigStar263
Participant

Another 24 hours have gone by and still no change to anything. Please can this get sorted! It's been 5 days now!!!

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

Yesterday morning I had access to Onetel albeit slow access. Then yesterday evening I went through a period of no access again with an error message:

An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdReplyPOP3Error
Internal login failure. Refer to server log for more information.

Then late yesterday evening I had access again but login was 3 - 5 times slower than my Tiscali login times.

This morning Onetel access is still available with login times now only twice as slow as Tiscali. This is the best it has been since last Thursday but I am still not confident it will not revert back to no, or very slow access over today and beyond. If it stays as it is now, and remains stable, that would be acceptable for me.

I note the Service Status Dashboard still acknowledges some problems still exist. Nevertheless thanks to all concerned.

Another update: just checked again and login times are slow again - 5 times slower than Tiscali.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

Service is now unreachable yet again!

"The connection has timed out
The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond."

This is unbelievable.

Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid

Confirmed.

Timeout error again with direct Mailzone/Horde login. In fact for the first time over the last week I can not even get to the login screen.

My email client times out eventually too.

EDIT 4pm (UK)

Can now login directly and get new emails but had to refresh the page twice before my inbox appeared after getting error connecting to server messages.

Still it is now working and the two emails I was expecting were there.

Community Team

Hi all, is mail still working properly for you?

Ady

BigStar263
Participant

When you say "still", are you sure you've read through all the posts on this thread. At best, some people say it has been working intermittently, but loads slower than it should. I myself have not found it possible to log onto Mailzone of have any emails through to email programs AT ALL since last Friday afternoon. 

Is this still being looked at by anybody? We've experienced these outages in the recent past, but it's never been for much more than 12 hours at a time. This is now 5 DAYS!

Community Team

Hi BigStar263, I'd replied to Cluster-Lizard hence the still. The incident at least appears to still be open. This should mean the team are at the very least monitoring the Onetel platform. 

Ady

BigStar263
Participant

Hi Ady, OK... but you opened your message "Hi all..." which the casual reader would not assume is addressed to a particular person.

PLEASE can you endeavour to get this sorted asap?

Thx

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @BigStar263 just a heads up that spammers love to find new email addresses to use so it would be wise to remove yours from your Community signature.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer