Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel mail password reset

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi - can I possibly reset my onetel email password please?  I can't find anywhere online to be able to do this.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Dave

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the OneTel email address? You could use the Reset your Password option.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.  If it's not already added then use the Manage Existing Address link to add the OneTel email.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email to be able to get a password reset done for you. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the OneTel email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the OneTel email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with password reset.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Chatterbox

Great thanks.  It is listed in the one of the 5 email slots yes and I have changed the password twice but it doesn't work.  I still have to log in to POP mail or the horde wemail with the old password so to all intents and purposes that route doesn't seem to work.

Yes all details are there so to prove ownership.

Highlighted
Community Star

Ah, you've come across the OneTel password change delay...

OneTel is a legacy email system and there isn't a direct link to the MyAccount password change and the OneTel system. The password change has to go via the email admins for OneTel so there is a delay.

Hopefully the OCE's can chase this up for you.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Ok fab thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi - nothing seems to work on the Talk Talk website for changing password - can it please be escalated to the onetel team please?

many thanks! 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Davejh64

OCE workload issues.  I see I asked for OCE help for you on 30 July and I've now re-escalated into their workflow.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Davejh64,

Could you add your post code to the address (in the private notes section of your Community Profile) and we'll sort this out for you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Postcode added. Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi Davejh64, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Onetel mailboxes have to be changed by the Email Admins which means it can take 3-5 days to be done. Chase me on Friday if you've not heard anything. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Great thank you - my email has gone dead so that's a good sign that it's half way there to being reset.  Onetel - as soon as you can could you ring with my new password please? That'd be grand, thank you!

Highlighted

I'll see if Mohamed can get a call to you in the next half an hour or so, but no promises. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Perfect - he did indeed call and it's all sorted now - THANK YOU!!!

Highlighted

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.