Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel problems

30 REPLIES
lilym
First Timer

Hi

I've also got problems retrieving mail via gmail.  I keep being told that the connection 'timed out'.

I've been trying to find a way to speak to someone but I've not been able to get through as I have no Talk talk account.

I'm desperate to get my mail forwarded as I reliy on this for my business.

Any suggestions as to how to rectify the situation?

Many thanks

Lily

LM
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @lilym

First a note:

Moderator Note: lilym - to see your post, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. Use the onetel webmail login https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php or change the email address in your Community Personal Profile Email Settings.

Let us know the settings in the gmail app that you're using for the onetel account:

• Incoming and outgoing server names
  • Incoming and outgoing ports

Gondola - I'm a TVPlus customer *
Community Team

Hi Lily, if you can't access mail via the mailzone and you can't fetch mail with a mail client you may be affected by the current incident or it's possible we've reset your password to make it stronger. 

I can help you get the password reset. I need you to add ALL of the following to the private note section of your

community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

joshintheuk
Participant

Having spent over 30 minutes on the phone I was put through to Onetel and there their customer support say they they dont support client copnnecitons to Onetel mail - they only suport mailzone. However they could not explain whay on 9th March everything stopped working for so many people. It seems they do not like people who have legacy emails who are no longer onetel or talktalk customers and hinted on withdrawing my email service! 

Community Team

Hi joshintheuk, we're not withdrawing Onetel mail. What has happened is that you can no longer fetch mail via a mail client if you're outside the UK and you can't use mail sites like Gmail and Microsoft to fetch mail. You can use Outlook, Macmail , Thunderbird etc to fetch mail when in the UK. Of course everyone can use Mailzone to fetch mail anywhere.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

786saleem
Conversation Starter

Just tried this approach on an iPad and my iPhone. Use IMAP as the protocol then use mail.onetel.com and smtp.talktalk.net. SSL encryption will be checked and will fail on the first attempt, on the second attempt choose no for SSL. Voila, you should start receiving your onetel emails on an apple platform. Looks like GMail will not be supported anymore.

cherrypicker999
First Timer

Is there a way to divert onetel emails to a different address?

konundrums
Team Player

Hi All,

Excelent question !

konundrums
cherrypicker999
First Timer

For the last hour Thunderbird keeps timing me out. "Connection to server pop.onetel.com timed out."

Mail2Web has not worked since last week.

What on earth is going on?

Is there a way of automatically forwarding onetel emails to another address?
Is there an interface where we can check our details and do this?

Regards

konundrums
Team Player

Hi cherrypicker999

All you can do for the moment is check your mail via "https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk" and check all the threads on this forum for more specific info

Cheers

konundrums
Geluk
Team Player
None of my onetel addresses can connect; a repetition of last week?? However my TT "ukgateway" address still working fine. Those using Onetel as a business e mail address need to switch to another provider as TT have no great motivation to support the old legacy ISP's they bought up. It's reckless to stay with an e mail provider that disappeared in it's own right many years back as this is so critical for businesses.
cherrypicker999
First Timer

Check now. Mine just came through.

Who knows for how long!

konundrums
Team Player

Hi,

All that remains now is to get a straight answer to one of your original questions:

"Is there a way of automatically forwarding onetel emails to another address?" Nerd face

konundrums
786saleem
Conversation Starter

Not for OneTel MailZone you can’t. It would have to be additional feature on the client software which as far as I am aware is no longer available.

This feature is available on more popular email clients.

cherrypicker999
First Timer

From mailzone it looks like the answer is "no". 

I cannot see any options.

konundrums
Team Player

Hi 786saleem,

This will only work if the "popular" email client is able to connect to the onetel server.

I am often traveling abroad (as is the case right now) and it seems that from outside UK email clients will NOT be able to connect.

If you know of any workaround for this situation please,please enlighten me.

Many Thanks

konundrums
786saleem
Conversation Starter

Do you use an iPhone or an iPad?

Highlighted
konundrums
Team Player

Hi 786saleem,

I am using an old Thinkpad (Lenovo) and even older client Eudora7 at the moment but will change client if need be. Do you have an idea that might work to get my onetel emails forwarded automatically?

Nerd face

konundrums
cherrypicker999
First Timer

Mailzone works from overseas.

I am not sure if one can try and configure a UK proxy server when overseas.

I will have to forward all emails manually from Mailzone to another email address and download.

Mailzone is poor.

If they added a forward option it would make life easier.

joshintheuk
Participant
Looks like its all sorted now - I am using Thunderbird from Spain and its back to business as usual. Just had three days worth of mail arrive plus a load of duplicates but hey - at least its working again!