Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel unable to access.

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Access to Onetel using Thunderbird failing this morning. It has been like this since at least 10am.

Error message:

An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdException
Server did not respond in a reasonable amount of time. Unable to connect.

Tried to access via Mailzone using URL https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/

This does not connect. Don't even get to the login page.

As usual the TalkTalk dashboard says everything is normal.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Yep, same here. I'm trying to access mailzone, but nothing. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi both, an incident has been raised for this. The team are investigating now. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Something has changed since my initial post. MailWasher was able to identify 7 Onetel messages waiting but access is once again unavailable.

Checking Mailzone: https://mailzone.onetel.net.uk/login.php I can now reach the login page, but that is all. Logging in is still not posible.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for the update. I'll pass it on.

Ady

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I've still got nothing on mailzone. Not even the login page. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @matzyx 

Please clear the browser cache and cookies and then see if you can access the onetel mailzone sign in.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

My Onetel email has been playing up since this morning - sporadic download of email headers and failing to download the email messages. Tried the online log in but get an error message saying the connection has failed. Any progress on resolving the issue?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @758rem 

The mailzone login is there; just taking a long time to respond.

The bottom line answer to your question is that the incident is obviously ongoing and, if everything is up and running, the servers are probably busy dealing with cached mail messages.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @matzyx 

Please clear the browser cache and cookies and then see if you can access the onetel mailzone sign in.

Tried that. Nothing changed. Sometimes got the login page, but only about 2 times out of 50.

Highlighted
Visitor

I still can't connect says "Site too long to respond" not worked since yesterday morning, why does this service have so many problems

Popular Poster
Ditto - same problem. Onetel/mailzone guaranteed to fail just when you need it most.
Highlighted

We have two onetel.com accounts and both are 'off line'. This has been occurring for a few days now.  Given the current situation and needing access to 'communication' on line, this is not a good time to be down.

Highlighted
Participant

I also have had this issue with receiving emails from a Onetel account initially was getting header but email not downloading now nothing coming in on this email address but am still receiving emails on another Onetel account. Can not access mailzone via internet as it times out.

Are there any updates as to what is happening from when initial query was raised?

Andrew
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Any update? Onetel emails still inaccessible either via Mailzone (doesn't even load the login page), or Mailwasher/Thunderbird.

TalkTalk Status Dashboard still asserts all services (including email) are working OK. What is the point of a Status Dashboard?

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi, we're told this issue is fixed now. Please test and let us know how you get on.

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes - just checked and all is back to normal for me at the present time. Access available again via Mailwasher/Thunderbird and Mailzone. Thank you.

Highlighted

webmail available hoevwer outlook does still not sync

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for letting us know rmgalley. 

Ady

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi flyingdutchman, have you tried reinstalling the mail account in Outlook?

Ady