Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Outgoing mail blocked

9 REPLIES 9
Burghcammy
Popular Poster

Since signing up to talktalk mail plus all my email accounts are failing to send mail. They are bounced back to me with the message 

552 5.2.0 pszViVzmYQiTypszti44A0 DMARC Verification Failed (TT602)

everything worked fine until I started paying £5 a month!

id appreciate any help in resolving this matter

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Burghcammy 

This fail error message appears to be from the TalkTalk mail server. It indicates that the source of the message cannot be authenticated either by SPF or DKIM.

What network are you connected to when sending out mail messages? What email client are you using?

Are you sending to talktalk mail users?

To start to troubleshoot this issue please sign in to TalkTalk Mail here, compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. This is to make sure the mailbox is sending and receiving mail back into the Inbox.

Let us know the answers to the above questions and what happens on the mail send and receive to itself.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Burghcammy
Popular Poster

Hi. I’m using my iPhone for mail. I’ve been connected to several different networks & 4g. I’ve sent mail to various accounts, not just talktalk users and none of them have been received. 

Burghcammy
Popular Poster

Sending mail from the webmail worked correctly 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Burghcammy 

I'd suspect that the outgoing mail server set up on the iPhone is not the correct server for the talktalk mail domain(s).

Take a screenshot or shots of the outgoing mail server settings on the iPhone, image edit to obscure just the first part of the email address and post here using the Insert photos (camera) icon above this Reply area.

I'll take a look for you to see if there's something amiss.

Burghcammy
Popular Poster

752ACD44-ABD8-429E-A545-62369BBD3C6B.jpeg

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Burghcammy 

Please toggle 'Use SSL' to on so that the toggle background is green.

Make sure the email password is entered - same password as used for webmail.

Just in case, make sure that Use SSL is also on for the incoming mail server.

Let us know if that solves the issue. Or please post back for extra help.

Burghcammy
Popular Poster

I’ve reset my password to make sure that it was correct. Now I’m getting an error message telling me ‘mail server not responding’

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Burghcammy 

I'm not sure why you would reset the password as you'd checked by signing in to TalkTalk Mail which is to ensure you know the password is working.

OK, go back to the TalkTalk Mail sign in to recheck the new password is working there and that you can send and receive mail to the mailbox.

Remove the mail account from the iPhone and set up afresh.

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

As before, if you need help, post screenshots of incoming and outgoing server settings and I'll see if there's anything amiss.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Burghcammy, it looks like Gondola has got your issue in hand. Please let us know if you need further help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.