cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Outlook Emails not Being Received on Ipad

4 REPLIES 4
First Timer

I can send email ok and receive normally on lap top and Samsung mobile but not on the ipad. I have deleted and re-installed to no avail. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Community Star

Hi @MrWit 

You'll probably need to check the settings that the iPad has auto setup for your mail account. It's not unusual for server names to be wrong. Manual setup may be needed.

Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

Upload screenshots and I'll comment on what I see.  Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address. Use Reply and the Insert Photos (camera icon or picture icon on mobile) above this Reply area.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Thanks Gondola.

I think you have the problem and I think I need to change from POP3 to IMAP but can' get to an appropriate screen through my IPAD settings. Can you advise

Community Star

Hi MrWit 

The setup is pretty much the same for iPhone and iPad. 

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad 

If you've got unique emails saved on the iPad's email account that you wish to keep you'll need to save those to a local folder first.

Then delete the POP3 account and add the account back as an IMAP account.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Enlightened One

I think you have the problem and I think I need to change from POP3 to IMAP but can't get to an appropriate screen through my IPAD settings. Can you advise

[Check that iOS is up to date!]

@MrWit, in the 'Add Account' screen, do not use the 'Outlook.com' option, use the 'Other' option, and then 'Add Mail Account'.

If you continue to run into problems, repost ..............

~R.