cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Outlook for Android Log-In Problems

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I have exactly the same problem have been unable to log  in to my tiscali emails on my S8 since April 25.  Talk talk chat was useless

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

I'm very close to a statement from the business. I'm hoping to post back today with it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Do we have any response from TT?  Why isn't it possible to update to TLS 1.2 or whatever needs to be done?  Please tell us what is happening as this is incredibly frustrating.  Chat doesn't help and both Microsoft and TT say it isn't their problem!  I am just the customer stuck inbetween.  

Highlighted

Oh I'm sorry I've added the statement to other threads and missed this one. My apologies. Below is the official statement. I should add that I've been told recently that the problem should be cleared in the next 2 or 3 days. 

Our email service may not be compatible with Outlook for Android/iOS at the moment. We are investigating further and working to resolve this. In the meantime, you can try another email client on your mobile like the default Mail app on Android and the default Mail app on iOS. On desktop, you can also use the webmail on talktalk.co.uk/mail

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thank you OCE Andy your updates are appreciated.  I sincerely hope it is resolved within the 2/3 days

Highlighted

You're welcome but I'm still waiting on a response from my colleagues. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Is this ever going to be solved? The 2-3 day promise to get a solution has been a joke. I might as well not have a tablet as it won't do Tiscal email.

Rym

Highlighted

Hi rymon, here's the latest statement from the Email team:

We suspect that our email service is not compatible with Outlook for Android/iOS for the moment due to changes on Microsoft’s side. We are working on our email platform to make it compatible again but we are not able to provide a timeline on this yet. In the meantime, you can try another email client on your mobile like the default Mail app on Android and the default Mail app on iOS. On desktop, you can also use the webmail on talktalk.co.uk/mail

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Any further updates OCE Andy?
Highlighted

I'm afraid not. I've pressed for more information, but there's nothing more coming at the moment. 

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi ,

has there been any update since June on this issue ?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

I now have Outlook for Android running my talktalk e mail so it seems talktalk have sorted the problem.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

thank you I will check if I can now sort mine out.