Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PIPEX MAIL Appears To Be Down

24 REPLIES 24
SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

Tried to access PIPEX MAIL from about 0600Hrs this morning (15/11/19) and failed with connection issue on both POP and SMTP Servers.

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 06.26.56.png

Tried again at 0720Hrs with same result, also attempted to check on iPhone via the mobile network, but again the same failures.

Finally attempted to use Webmail but got the following, so it really looks as though the whole PIPEX MAIL system has CRASHED.

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 07.10.29.png

Would it be possible for an OCE to request that this is investigated as a matter of urgency.

Thanks.

cavedweller
Conversation Starter

I know I shouldn't be but glad someone else is having same problem as I thought it was only me. Unable to send or receive since 10pm 14th Nov. Email status on talktalk says everything ok. @OCE_Ady help please.

Troglodyte
crusoe80
Team Player

I too cannot log into Pipex mail on phone or via web on PC since last night. Can someone from TalkTalk investigate and advise

mniven
Conversation Starter
My toucansurf email addresses are stuffed, Webmail does not work. Here we go again? There is at least one other posting about the same problem (it's not an ISSUE guys, it's a PROBLEM).
DannyT
Team Player

Me Too.... I can't log on to dsl.pipex.com this morning.... I asume all related to the onetel issue. Can someone post to let us all know its being looked at and better still how long to resolve!!

Dan the Man...
Community Team

Hi all, the incidents team are aware of the issue and the engineers are working to get you back up and running. You can track progress on the service status dashboard. 

If you have any questions as always just ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Ady

DannyT
Team Player

even tried on on old webmail/homecall login which has worked when netmail.pipex hasn;t.  No joy with this one either so looks like pipex is totally down

Dan the Man...
DannyT
Team Player

Andy.... status is misleading... implies that pipex customers can log on but unable to send or receive.  I don't know about the latter cause I can't even log on!!

Dan the Man...
KannyKen
Wizz Kid

The message on the dasboard refers to Onetell email addresses. I have two legacy homecall addresses and and both fail using my email client and webmail. I eagerly await the conspiracy theories relating to current politics. (Joking of course).

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
Community Team

Hi DannyT, you can keep up to date on the progress of the issue via the service status dashboard.

Ady

Community Team

Hi DannyT, have no fear the fix will fix it all.  

Ady

Community Team

Hi KannyKen, the incident notice does include both the Onetel and Pipex incidents. 

We'll update the dashboard as we get more information. 

Ady

Agika
First Timer
Onetel Mailzone and Pipex issues
1 hour ago

We're aware of some customers who are unable to login to their Onetel email address, they will see the error message A Fatal Error Has Occurred. Reports are also coming in that customers using Pipex are unable to send and receive emails. 

Latest Update 10:20 am 15th November - Our engineers are investigating this as a priority and we will provide updates here. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.

AgiE
Community Team

Hi Agika, that's the best place to find the latest update on these issues.

Ady

Agika
First Timer

MAin is working already

AgiE
Community Team

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted Agika.

Ady

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady 

Pipex Servers appear to be back up and running again, just came in and got mail successfully with no server connection errors, that was about 1145Hrs (on both iMac and iDevices).

Can’t say if that’s so for Onetell/Homecall users and haven’t checked Webmail yet, but Pipex definitely looks as though things are moving again.

Thanks as always for chasing.

Community Team

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's working for you SiHancox.

Ady

Agika
First Timer

Damn it! It was working for a bit but it is down again😤😤😤😤😤🤔🤔🤔😣😣😣

AgiE
SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor

@Agika 

I think you will find the initial problem that took both Pop and Smtp Servers off line together with Webmail has been sorted, but the Pop Server appears to be back to it's old tricks of intermittent working.

I've been using mail all afternoon and have experienced at least three occasions when it just wouldn't download any messages, tried half hour later and it did.

Just see how it goes over the next 24 hours.