Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PIPEX POP SERVER CONNECTIONS VERY POOR

92 REPLIES 92
Highlighted
Enlightened One

All this morning I have had great difficulty checking for emails. I have 3 addresses and  at each connection attempt I'm lucky to connect for one address (a different one each time) using an email client. Getting the usual server timeouts and/or password confirmation requests. Have the servers gone away for the Bank Holiday?

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Same for me - loads of server timeouts. Sigh.

SoozySoo
Highlighted
Participant

As well as failing to connect to the server, today I've had this error message "Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified". What's this all about?

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi  everyone.  I've been having the same issue intermittently all day, with the 'usual' array of error messages, including the encryption type one.  I am also experiencing intermittent failures to log on to Pipex Webmail!

Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Been getting progressively worse for me as day has progressed. Barely averaging 1 out of 3 connections at each attempt and many more logon rejections aside from the usual timeouts. Not seen the 'encryption' error yet, thankfully.

This just adds insult to the injury of the longstanding sending problem.

Highlighted
Participant

ow unable to access the Pipex server for a couple of hours, error messages vary - encryption, timed out, and temporary authentication failure. The bottom line - Pipex is again useless.

Highlighted
Participant

A new error message "Internal login failure". What next?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Yes, it's getting steadily worse. The server timeouts were intermittent earlier but now they're more or less continuous. Can't see this being fixed today. 

SoozySoo
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Yeah the POP server is completely dead to me now too. Cant get any succesful connection for any of my 3 addresses.

Whats up with Pipex now @OCE_Ady ?

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Me too - seem to be able to send but not receive. I've 3 pipex mailboxes (one account) and at times today some have received but then not. Various error message in Outlook and login failures on Pipex Webmail. Inbox doesn't appear on TT mail for the one mailbox I have managed to set up there. 

Highlighted
Participant

Still error messages except for a few seconds just now when this message arrived:

"T2ggvsbCwgSSbtyXkga ....." etc etc for 4 lines of text. Is this worse than no message?

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Just managed to get one email message for one of my 3 addresses. First time I've been able to do that all afternoon. Its all very random and totally unreliable again. Guess we are stuck with this for rest of day until @OCE_Ady picks up on it tomorrow, altho he did seem to be about earlier.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

I don't want to speak too soon, but, just got near instantaneous connection to all 3 of my Pipex email addresses. POP servers responded rapidly in quick succession. Hope its not a flash in the pan.

Enlightened One

Oh well, nice while it lasted but the servers have run dry again and back to the same old time-outs and disconnects. I wonder what tomorrow will bring!

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Went out for the evening, came back, tried to access my email - server timeout after server timeout. Why??? TalkTalk really should be ashamed. 

SoozySoo
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have submitted a formal complaint about the state of the pipex email and the fact that they told me in earlier correspondence that there was no scheduled date for integration with the TT service and that people should continue to use the pipex webmail.  We should deluge them with such formal complaints - it's beyond a joke....

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

I too had regular fails yesterday, along with the current Webmail fault and the ongoing Pipex mail fault, I just thought it was another thing on top of those.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@Flaneuse  We should deluge them with such formal complaints - it's beyond a joke....

I have been given a nice discount on my monthly payments due to the ongoing faults. Would certainly suggest that you, and anyone else still suffering, ask for the same.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

@Flaneuse  We should deluge them with such formal complaints - it's beyond a joke....

I too raised a formal complaint a fortnight ago. Received an email promising a reply within 3 days yet 10 days have now passed and not heard a thing. Thats beyond a joke too.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Again, I can only suggest that you hit them where it hurts, so to speak, and demand a fee adjustment to compensate for a lesser service, citing the info on these support pages, your own displeasure at what you have been personally told and promised, and the ongoing long term fault.

It worked for me. The more discounts they give then the more someone will sit up and take note.

It is the tried and tested way of getting action/results in most fields of life.