cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PIPEX POP SERVER CONNECTIONS VERY POOR

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Although the servers seemed to be responding reasonably OK this morning they seem to be getting gradually worse again. This afternoon usually get at least one time-out or disconnect when checking my 3 addresses and at my last attempt all 3 failed.

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Enlightened One

The Pipex POP servers are completely dead to me now, again. Just like yesterday afternoon & evening. I see other users cant access Pipex Netmail either which is not surprising as the 2 problems usually go hand-in-hand.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@stevesurreyThis is all very strange, as I can access and send emails rapidly using both POP and Pipex Webmail, and have been able to do so consistently all day (unlike yesterday).

Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@Muddymedic either I was being victimised or just unlucky this afternoon. (we know how random these problems can sometimes be). Pleased to say POP servers responding normally again now, at least for the time being.

PS. I tried to PM you earlier but you seem to have disabled this and system wouldn't let me.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @stevesurrey Glad to hear things appear to be back to 'normal'.  Re: the PM, I don't even know what I'd need to do to enable that...let alone block them!  Any ideas of how I do so?

Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@Muddymedic  Theres a setting in your Profile. Think its under Preferences. Then theres a dropdown box to select 'Private Messenger'. On that page there should be a tickbox to turn the option on or off. Good luck finding it as I find the myriad pages in Profile a bit confusing.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@stevesurreyThanks, but I can't find that anywhere.  I'm registered and signed in to the Community, and have looked at every tab in my settings and preferences, but can find no reference to Private Messages anywhere.  The Help tab tells me that I should expect to see an 'envelope' icon at the top of my page....but nowhere to be seen!  It also says nothing about setting up this facility in my preferences or anywhere else.  I'm probably missing something REALLY obvious, but I can see no way of 'activating' it. Anyone got any ideas/advice on this please?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Muddymedic 

Here's a link for you to Private Messages. Click, scroll down, select the two tick boxes and Save Changes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Thanks @Gondola thats the place I was trying to direct @Muddymedic too.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

@GondolaMany thanks for your quick and helpful response.  I have accessed the link which took me to the Preference Options Tab on 'My Settings'. (so far, so good).  However, I can still find no reference to Personal Messaging.    On this tab all I have are options for issues like Language and Time Zone.  Sorry to be really thick about this, but which check boxes am I meant to tick?  I'm sorry take up your time over this.   

This is what I am seeing on the link.  https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:personal

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Muddymedic 

I'll ask Ady to enable Private Messaging (PM) for you. Some times the auto-enabling of PM skips a beat and doesn't set it up. 

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @Gondola Spot-on!  I thought I was missing something obvious here, and am glad it seems to be a set-up issue rather than me losing ALL of my marbles.  Many thanks for all your assistance and advice over this a little earlier, and for your offer of passing this over to Ady to action further..

@stevesurreyThanks for trying to help out here too.  Hopefully, I'll be able to PM before too long.

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi MuddyMedic, I've asked Stephen to enable PMs for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for actioning this so quickly @OCE_Ady 

Regards

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

You're very welcome. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@Muddymedic in the page link you posted do you not have a dropdown box to select other options - see pic below.

TTcoomPM.jpg

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @stevesurrey  No, but thanks for showing me that image.  That was the point, really, of all my confusion last night (I was looking at a different page to the one you and @Gondola were seeing)!  Apparently my PM hadn't been activated, which is why the drop-down didn't work for me.  This has now been sorted via @OCE_Ady and Stephen, and I now have the PM 'envelope' icon at the top of my working page, plus full access to the PM drop-down.  I'll send you a PM just to carry out a final comms check.  OK?

Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Yes @Muddymedic thats fine. Sorry to have created so much trouble by asking why you had disabled PMs!

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @stevesurrey No apologies necessary, I can assure you.  Indeed, you did me a favour as I didn't even know that my PM facility had not been activated, as I had had no reason to access it before.  Actually, the rapid and satisfactory resolution of this issue was (in my view) an excellent demonstration of what this Community is all about: problem-solving between contributors, Community Stars and OCEs.👏

Regards

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Back to the original purpose of this thread....

Is anyone else still having issues with the POP servers following Monday's outage? Still seems very flaky to me with too many timeouts and disconnections. All rather random as usual.