Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

PIPEX SERVERS VERY SLOW OR UNRESPONSIVE AGAIN

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Enlightened One

On both Monday & Tuesday evenings between say 5.30pm and 7.30pm I found it almost impossible to get connections to the PIPEX email servers to download my messages. I suffered the now commonly repeated problem of server timeouts, password requests or immediate rejection. Outside of that time slot they seemed to work reasonably OK, but today the problem resurfaced just before lunchtime and is still ongoing. What is wrong with the PIPEX email servers this time ?

O migration, migration, wherefore art thou migration?
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @stevesurrey  My POP email account has been working very well, but over the past hour or so I am beginning to get the 'usual' error messages (such as 'The connection to the server was interrupted'), and am unable to download emails as a result.  Webmail is unaffected, and indeed there are some messages waiting for me there, as they can't arrive via POP.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

BUMP.  I spoke too soon re: Webmail, which is now unable to be accessed on either Windows or Android!  I suppose we were due another outage after two weeks of good service.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Have to say this evening the Pipex POP servers seem to be behaving normally. Not having the problems I did Monday & Tuesday and again this afternoon. I don't know if this means an issue was identified and rectified. Any comment OCEs ?

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Yes.  Same with me. It seems that this issue has been sorted.  I honestly don't think we'll get an explanation, but rather some sympathy and a statement about Pipex users being migrated to the 'new' Webmail, to stop this sort of thing happening 'in the future'.  However, this will be caveated that we will have to wait for this to happen, because of 'difficulties' (unspecified) associated with our legacy accounts (which we inherited, rather than asked for).

Until the next time, then!

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

BUMP.  This all seems to have been sorted last evening (so pretty rapidly), and everything is OK for me this morning.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

The problems I had on Monday & Tuesday have returned again this evening.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Nope.  Not for me (yet!).