Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Password change for Pipex(Homecall)

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, I urgently need to change my Pipex email password (Homecall) as my account has been hacked along with other online accounts. I am unable to change the password in the usual place on my account page. Help,please!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Angel999 

There is no password change option on the legacy Pipex(Homecall) dashboard.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the Pipex(Homecall) email address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk will need to verify you are the registered mail user and then authorise the securing of the mailbox and a password change. You'll get an initial response from a TalkTalk (TT Staff) team member here.

You'll then receive via Community Personal Messaging (the envelope icon by your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community), a data verification request prior to authorising the password change.

You'll then get a call on your mobile and a team member will run a security check and give you the new password.

When the Pipex(Homecall) mailbox is migrated to the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have a MyAccount as a MailPlus or Broadband customer then you'll be able to manage the password change there or set up Reset Details for when you forget the password and need to reset it.

Hugely grateful, if you've received any criminal demand via email quoting a Pipex(Homecall) password whether correct or not, to report that email to TalkTalk security.

Report a phishing or spam email 

I'd recommend scanning your email devices against virus and malware just to give you confidence that there's nothing capturing passwords.

If the password is current but is not unique to the Pipex(Homecall) mailbox then do change other passwords asap. Also review any other online presence where you use the Pipex(Homecall) email address. 

If there's a known data breach involving your Pipex(Homecall) email address then it may be listed at haveibeenpwned.com. If on entering your email address the page stays blue then ok. If it goes red, scroll down to see the reports. It may help you to identify any other linked accounts that may be compromised.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thank you, I will await a message and i have received criminal demand emails with my password in, so I will report them
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Angel999 

Yes, please report to TalkTalk and send them to report@phishing.gov.uk which is the National Cyber Security Centre.

Report a phishing or spam email 

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

hi, 

Could you take a  look at the private message ive just sent and get back to me with the extra info and we'll get this sorted for you. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, I replied with the info you requested on Friday but I have not been able to login to my email now for 2 days, the password is not working. I assume this is due to something you are doing but can you let me know how long this will take as I need to access some important emails. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Angel999 

If the password has been changed then a TalkTalk staff member should be trying to contact you on your mobile to run through security and give you the new password.  I'll let them know you're waiting.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, no one has tried to call me.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi again, I'm now into day 6 without email and starting to get concerned. There are emails i need to deal with but still no one has tried to call me. I don't understand why they would disable my password and then not contact me. Is there anything else you can do please?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Angel999 

The mailbox will have been secured for security as you said it was compromised. I agree that 6 days seems an age to wait for access back to your mailbox. I did re-escalate this topic to TalkTalk and it's waiting on TT Staff to pick up and follow up with the email admins.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you, it's been a week now, is there someone i can contact by phone to get this sorted rather than keep waiting?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Angel999 

I doubt it but you never know. TalkTalk support via LiveChat is here: Our LiveChat team.  Blue button for Chat now; Purple button when LiveChat is busy; Grey or no button when LiveChat is offline.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Angel, 

Very sorry for the delayed reply, i have escalated this for someone to pickup asap, again im sorry for the delay in getting this complete for you. 

Thanks

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.