Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Password reset problem

7 REPLIES 7
First Timer

Hi,

I’m unable to reset my talk talk account password, as when I complete the reset steps I always get a ‘something went wrong’ message.

i spent over an hour on the phone with customer services and they were unable to help, so if anyone can help solve this I’d be very grateful!

Thanks

Community Star

Hi Ian

Just to clarify, is this the password for the MyAccount Login or for one of your TalkTalk Mail email addresses?

And are you a TalkTalk Consumer broadband customer or MailPlus customer (former Consumer broadband customer?

And are your active mailboxes listed in a broadband MyAccount or a MailPlus MyAccount?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

First Timer

Hi Gondola, thanks for your message.

It’s the password for the MyAccount Login and I’m a talk talk consumer broadband customer, I don’t have MailPlus.

Thanks!

Community Star

Hi Ian

OK, I asked because I didn't want to go off on the wrong track. Thanks for confirming.

Are you able to sign in to your MyAccount now and just wish to change the password?

Or is it because the password is forgotten?

And, just as a follow up, can you access the email account used for the MyAccount login? i.e. is the email account active and working?

If you can access the email account used as the MyAccount login but do not have a password to Login to MyAccount then you can use the Email me a link to login button.

You'll receive this in your email.

MyAccount Passwordless login by email

What happens then?

First Timer

Thanks, that’s really helpful.

I don’t have access to My Account at present and so need to reset the password. I can access the email that’s linked to the account though and have managed to log in using the email link method you suggested.

I’ve tried to reset the password from within the account but from what I can see I need the existing password to reset it from here?

Thanks for all you help!

Community Star

Hi Ian

Having Logged in to MyAccount you'll see the Login details screen by selecting My Details from the toolbar and Login details from the drop down menu.

MyAccount Manage MyAccount email and password.png

Have you got the top line selected as the MyAccount Login? Or a TalkTalk email address as the MyAccount Login?

If you've got TalkTalk email addresses listed then so long as you can access those mailboxes (i.e. you know their passwords) and they're on the new TalkTalk Mail platform select any one and confirm the change.

The password for the MyAccount login is now the same as the password for the email address.

First Timer

Thank you,

Yes, that’s the page I’m on but the email account linked to MyAccount is gmail, not a talk talk account, so it doesn’t look like I can change the password from here without knowing the existing one?

Community Star

Hi Ian

If you've got TalkTalk email addresses listed then so long as you can access those mailboxes (i.e. you know their passwords) and they're on the new TalkTalk Mail platform select any one and confirm the change.

The password for the MyAccount login is now the same as the password for the email address.