Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Password reset

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Team Player

I can't log in to webmail on one of my lineone.net accounts.  It's a little like groundhog day here.  I enter what I believe to be the password and a message pops up that the password is incorrect; I follow the forgotten password link and a reset link is sent to an alternative email address; I choose another password; I'm told that the reset has been successful and I'm invited to login.  So I enter the password that I've just setup and a message pops up that the password is incorrect.  And so the cycle begins again.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SG1957, how long do you wait after the reset before trying to login? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi OCE_Ady, you'll recall that I had wanted to log in to the account and as I had been told that the password reset was successful and had been taken to the log in page, then for those reasons there is no wait before trying to login.  I'd have to suggest that if my issue is being caused by not waiting, then there should either be a warning asking me to wait for a specified amount of time before attempting to login or, better, a delay built in to the process so that I don't see the login screen until the password reset truly has become effective.

Highlighted

I'm not telling you, that you have to wait I was simply asking in case I'm asked. I will raise a fault ticket for you with pleasure and to save time with possible push backs I asked you if you had waited to establish if perhaps an issue lay in the reset path or comms to the servers etc. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Ah, I see.  Apologies if I misunderstood your last message.  As it is, I've just had a call from Flavia who took a slightly different approach to resetting the password and for a while things looked promising but I couldn't login successfully.  She's passed it on to another team for attention.  I couldn't commit to being available at a specific time for that team to call me back so she's suggested that I send another message to check on progress having given them until at least the 20th to investigate the issue.  With hindsight I can appreciate why you asked the question in your last message but at the same time I'm sure that you will realise that the inability to access this email account for what looks like being near to two weeks is frustrating.

Highlighted

Yeah I've spoken with Flavia, I really didn't expect it to work in MyAccount. Generally it either works or it's broken and especially after a few tries. Hopefully, it will be picked up and fixed quickly by the Email Admin team. Please let us know how you get on. 

Highlighted
Team Player

This is to let you know that I've just successfully logged into the account via webmail.  Now to try access through Microsoft Outlook which is our preference.  Please could you confirm the settings.

Highlighted
Community Star

What version of Outlook? 2010 / 2013 / 2016 / 2019 or another?

What version of Outlook do I have?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer