cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Complete Loss Of Service

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The number of emails I have received  over the last 5or 6 days has gone from about 40 or 50 a day to about 12. Have no way of knowing what is missing. 

this really is a mess, especially as Talktalk do not communicate anything.

Wizz Kid

@glassman999 wrote:

this really is a mess, especially as Talktalk do not communicate anything.

Perhaps they're sending out updates by email 😞

Highlighted
Chat Champion

In the middle of it all they managed to deliver my billing notification. Funny how that always works perfectly, no lack of resources or dysfunctional communications in that department.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

To all, if you send yourself a message from Pipex to Pipex does it go through?

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

That quite often fails.

But, I have just tried, and currently, yes I could send myself a mail.

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Yes, at the moment!
Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi @OCE_Ady .  That works for me, too!

Highlighted

Ok thanks. I've been asked to pass on examples of the issue. If you can all make sure you've got the sender/date and time/ error message ready for me I'll raise the details to be investigated specifically.

Ady

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Ok thanks. I've been asked to pass on examples of the issue.

Well, I've already posted examples here of smtp.dsl.pipex.com refusing any incoming SMTP connexion when the sending issue occur. What more can be needed as "an example"?

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady its not easy getting proof of messages that have not been delivered as I am sure you will appreciate. For instance, I have not received some regular, daily, email newsletter this morning.

Also, where do we stand on the missing emails from the outage of the weekend before last? Are the Admins still working on recovering these? Has the Manager you involved been able to get a response?

And, finally, can me please,Please, PLEASE have an update on when migration of Pipex mail to the new email platform will happen

O migration, migration, wherefore art tho migration?
Highlighted

Hi gmlack, please send the latest report you posted. You can send it to me by personal message include all the full email addresses.

Ady

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi gmlack, please send the latest report you posted.

It's here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Pipex-Complete-Loss-Of-Service/m-p/2446915#M125576 

@OCE_Ady wrote:

You can send it to me by personal message include all the full email addresses.

There is no email address involved. This was the SMTP server rejecting any incoming call (and I suspect that the IMAP server was doing the same at the time).

Highlighted

That's another issue to be addresses seperately. What I'm currently concerned with is the loss of incoming mails since the outage last Friday.

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

As we all know an email address gets embedded in so many parts of our lives so if I wanted to vote with my feet and move to an alternate ISP I guess I would ultimately lose use of the Pipex email account ?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi crusoe80 

You have a choice with TalkTalk. Yes you can give up using the pipex mailbox or you can choose in due course to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus to keep your pipex mailbox active on the new TalkTalk Mail platform.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chat Champion

"To all, if you send yourself a message from Pipex to Pipex does it go through?"

Randomly.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Ady, I have sent you details of a number of bounced emails, for whatever good it may do. Don't they have error logs?

Highlighted

Yep I've replied to you. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I cannot give you the additional information you requested as only the SENDER of the emails will have this information. I gave you everything that groups.io gave me, which should be sufficient for the admins to find the right place in the system log files.

I suspect the TT email people are trying to give both of us busywork as a distraction here.

They must have system error logs, or can send test emails until it fails, as we have established that email doesn't have to leave the TT network for the problem to occur - and they should have access to non TT email for testing purposes anyway. Customers shouldn't have to do this for them.

Highlighted

I need that information for cloudmark support first and then dependant on what they come back with it will go to our email team directly.

Ady