cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Complete Loss Of Service

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Mail volume this morning still seems to be about half of usual quantity. I have no way of knowing what is missing, I have had one message from one company saying their email was rejected. I don’t understand how Talktalk can trial something on live email addresses, that results in lost mail without telling us what was going on.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi glassman999, is the same still happening now?

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This morning volume seemed to be nearer normal, so will see what rest of day and tomorrow morning brings and update this post 

Highlighted

Thanks for posting back to let us know. Please let me know if this changes.

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Volumes of mail getting nearer to normal today

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Another TT512 last night from groups.io so it's not fixed.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Less volume of mail again today, probably 50%, trouble is no idea who I am missing emails from, normal email volume about 50 a day, 22 so far today

Highlighted

Ok now it's clear this is pipex related and not to do with the trial filters. I've collated all your email addresses and evidence and passed it over to try and get an incident raised. If you aren't getting error 512 please let me know. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Still below average mail volume this morning. I am not seeing any errors , where would I expect to see 512?

Highlighted

The bounce back to the sender would show the error message. 

Ady

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This is getting serious now!  Just had a letter from bank saying emails to my pipex email address are getting bounced so they have written to ensure I get important account information. 

What is going on?

i wonder what other important emails are missing as I wouldn’t have known about this if the bank had not written.

Hi, I can only tell you that I've raised this over to the team. Hopefully, they'll spot the issue quickly now that we know it isn't the trial filters. 

Ady

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Hi (again!) @OCE_Ady There seems to be an inconsistency here between this post and the exchange that we have been having on the thread @Current Sending Issues - Be Aware.  Are 'the team' supporting Pipex, or not?  Regards

Highlighted

Yes the email admins cover all the email domains under their remit. 

Ady

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

The bounce back to the sender would show the error message. 

Precisely. It's the SENDER who sees this, not us (the intended RECEIVER)!

So we can't report them except in the cases where the sender reports it to us by some other means, by which time they will usually have deleted the bounce report.

So just proceed under the assumption (since it will be correct!) that there are a lot of these happening.

Highlighted

Hi gmlack, I can't raise a fault based on assumption they require evidence before they'll accept a ticket from me. I ask because I have to not for fun. 

Ady

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Hi gmlack, I can't raise a fault based on assumption they require evidence before they'll accept a ticket from me. I ask because I have to not for fun. 

Ady

So they'd only investigate a murder if they had a video of the gun being fired and blood pouring from a body.

A report from someone else that they has seen the gun fired would be ignored.

There have been several instances reported here of the TT512 error message (which looks like a TalkTalk code, so someone should know what it means). All we are asking is that the fact that these represent just the tip of the iceberg be made.

I doubt I can persuade my bank to send me the full bounce report (with headers). It doesn't mean that there wasn't a bounce.

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I had not been particularly aware of emails not being delivered, but just today I realised that a regular daily email that I have been receiving for some years has not come in since 9th January. I didn't realise before today because it goes into a separate folder on arrival, rather than my inbox, and I only check it from time to time.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Ady wrote:

Ok now it's clear this is pipex related and not to do with the trial filters.

OK. But what about the (2-way) failing to 1and1 (and other?) accounts? Are they affected by the trial filters?

(They are mentioned in the Incoming email being rejected... thread).

Highlighted

The team will still ask for the sender, recipient, date and time so that they can isolate the log for that rejection. I know it's obvious that it's a TalkTalk error, but if they knew what caused it already it wouldn't be happening. When they track the log they can see what happened and why and that's why they insist on the details they ask for. I've already raised tickets for a few individuals and also raised the issue to the team as a whole, but I'm expecting requests for more information. 

Ady