cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Complete Loss Of Service

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Last week I had confirmation in an email from the Financial Times that their daily email newsletters, which I had received for several years, had been bounced by TT. I did not think it fair their support staff should have to go to great lengths to fix a problem of TTs making, so did not even ask them to send me copies of the bouncebacks.

O migration, migration, wherefore art tho migration?
Highlighted
Chat Champion

Ah, we have established they have logs, that's a small step forward.

Why are they unable to carry out the trivial task of searching those logs for rejections, using the software tools which all servers have available?

All they need is to find any TT512, doesn't matter whose. That will confirm the reports that there is a problem. We shouldn't need to provide precise chapter and verse, that just sounds like admins going "nope, not good enough, don't have to do anything about this."

Fair enough to come back with "Sorry, can't find the problem, more details please" (apart from the fact that in this case WE don't have the error message and THEY DO!) but they need to at least make some effort to look using the tools which are available to them.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

All this back and to-ing - you are just wasting your time guys.

Far better off putting pressure on TT to get the migration done. So I'd suggest putting your efforts towards that instead, as it will be the ultimate solution.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have already sent several copies of rejections as I always have my gmail forwarded to Pipex so they have had the technical details for nearly 2 weeks. Since last post I have been contacted by the CEO office (to my gmail account), due to speak tomorrow .

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

All this back and to-ing - you are just wasting your time guys.

Far better off putting pressure on TT to get the migration done. So I'd suggest putting your efforts towards that instead, as it will be the ultimate solution.

I think thats what we've already been doing. What more would you suggest we do?

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

What more would you suggest we do?

I wish I had a definitive answer for you Steve.

Contact the support staff (phone/live chat) and/or write to the offices perhaps, find a way to contact management. Any other ideas we can think of?

Lots of dissatisfied posts on a forum will do very little, as we have had all the input that the forum support staff are able to offer by now.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Had a call with someone representing the CEO office but she was not fully up to speed - the real work is done in their Manchester office. Bottom line they are moving @pipex onto new servers and yes they know there have been/are issues. No info on how much longer or why its going on so long. My role is in IT and it is clear they have not tested their migration properly, probably because we are a dying domain.

Enlightened One

@crusoe80 wrote:

Bottom line they are moving @pipex onto new servers and yes they know there have been/are issues. 

How is that different, if at all, from the long awaited migration to the new email platform for which we still have no date?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

My role is in IT and it is clear they have not tested their migration properly, probably because we are a dying domain.

It's just a tag used to lookup password and mailbox locations. From that viewpoint it's no different to any other domain.

I've setup a process to mail me 6 messages an hour from outlook.com (which is what my friend who has seen bounces uses). Hopefully I'll get a bounce at some point and will be able to produce a full set of headers for TalkTalk to look at.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Already sent them around 12 bounces but not sure it’s really influencing what they are choosing to do in response 

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Email service status is still "No reported issues" which apparently means they still don't accept that there is a problem.

We have been here before with the authentication problems - they never admitted there was a problem from our reports and nothing was done until it stopped working completely and they couldn't pretend there was no problem any longer.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks for doing this and for keeping us updated. Let’s hope we get a resolution soon.

Highlighted
Super Duper Contributor

Had a call with someone representing the CEO office but she was not fully up to speed - the real work is done in their Manchester office. Bottom line they are moving @pipex onto new servers and yes they know there have been/are issues. No info on how much longer or why its going on so long. My role is in IT and it is clear they have not tested their migration properly, probably because we are a dying domain.

Thank you for sharing that. It is refreshing to know that they are aware of the problems, as I hadn't even been sure of that after all this time. I do feel that we shall be migrated before too long now.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

@pbar100 wrote:

Had a call with someone representing the CEO office but she was not fully up to speed - the real work is done in their Manchester office. Bottom line they are moving @pipex onto new servers and yes they know there have been/are issues. No info on how much longer or why its going on so long. My role is in IT and it is clear they have not tested their migration properly, probably because we are a dying domain.

Thank you for sharing that. It is refreshing to know that they are aware of the problems, as I hadn't even been sure of that after all this time. I do feel that we shall be migrated before too long now.

Regrettably I dont share your optimism @pbar100 . My complaint reached the CEO Office back in early September and continued until mid-December. The crux of that complaint was the delay in migration to the new email platform which they were fully aware of. A few months later, despite many empty promises, we are still no further forward and no date appears imminent.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

This issue is getting worse. I am down to about 15-20% of my normal email volume

😠

Highlighted
Chat Champion

I have now managed to get an error code from a correspondent whose email to my Pipex address was rejected last week. She attempted to send the original email on 6th February at 14.50 GMT.

I can supply the full information for administrators provided in the original message headers if required. However, this is the basic information:

Status code 5.1.1

cm7gb1 gave this error:
ziURi6ZFDsb9y Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: HE1EUR04HT134.mail.protection.outlook.com

obscured for customer security
cm7gb1
Remote Server returned '550 5.1.1 ziURi6ZFDsb9y Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)'

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Pianist2, please send me whatever you have by personal message. 

Ady

Highlighted
Chat Champion
Not sure how I send you a personal msg. Can you just explain? Thanks.
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Pianist2 

Hover over or select Ady's avatar and you'll see a Send Message button to select and send a message.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I have now sent approx 20 examples of rejections to the contact at the CEO office who I have spoken with. However it was evident that this team are not technical and do not understand the issue - they were directing me just to use Webmail 🤔. Finally I have spoken with someone a little more technical and explained the rejected mails and that they have all the evidence I have sent. They have promised to raise a ticket for me and to revert when they find out more.

Some 4 weeks on and not hugely further forward, watch this space