would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex - Complete Loss Of Service

124 REPLIES 124
Highlighted
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

We seem to have a total loss on Pipex DSL accounts again.

Seems to happen very often on Fridays, strangely enough.

Highlighted
glassman999
Conversation Starter

Here we go again, no access to pipex mail servers. This is unacceptable 

working ok yesterday afternoon but now no service at all.😖

Highlighted
Bikie_John
Popular Poster

Same here - couldn't connect late last night and still the same this morning. Service status dashboard says it is all fine, of course.

We are due to get fibred up here very soon. If things here don't improve it will be hugely tempting to move ISP.

Highlighted
RichDKent
Participant

I don't seem to be able to access the Webmail either so it's more than the usual 'Server not responding' issue.

Highlighted
Pianist2
Chat Champion

Me too!

Highlighted
DannyT
Conversation Starter
Its not just me then??? I was getting worried..... how come service status never updated to reflect. Been down for nearly 9 hours now!
Dan the Man...
Highlighted
jonb4
First Timer
And me.
Highlighted
nw1806
Chat Champion

Yes, down since last night.

"No reported issues with email just now" so the multiple threads here this morning are clearly figments of our imagination, which is presumably also why no one from TT has replied to any of them.

Highlighted
Bikie_John
Popular Poster

It just worked for me (POP client on Windows) after being unresponsive for around 10 hours.

Highlighted
DannyT
Conversation Starter
Appears to be back!!
Dan the Man...
Highlighted
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

You can log back in as normal now.

But beware - any mails sent to you within that down time of several hours have 'disappeared'.

Highlighted
Community Team

The email admins have let me know that mail should be working again now. You may find that there's a backlog in mail being delivered.

Ady

Highlighted
Pianist2
Chat Champion

Yes, I'm up and running again now.

Highlighted
pbar100
Super Duper Contributor

Take note that you will have lost all mails sent to you from last night.

I know this as I also have my Pipex mail redirected to another address (due to all these Pipex issues), and the mails have all been received there, but none to the Pipex account.

Highlighted
Community Team

Thanks for posting to let us know.

Ady

Highlighted
glassman999
Conversation Starter

What an abysmal service from talktalk, so not only could we not connect to servers but any emails sent to us have been lost - cannot believe this apology for an email service provider is still in business. Have they offered an explanation?

Highlighted
nw1806
Chat Champion

Looks like it - so far nothing before 10 am this morning, maybe it will turn up later. Usually servers make several attempts to deliver if a recipient server is unavailable - depends what sort of error they see.

Highlighted
Community Team

I'm still waiting for a response on this. I'll let you know more when I know.

Ady

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

I too know I am missing a number of emails sent during the period of the outage. Even one sent at 11.17am today I have been told received a failed delivery report. I hope these are not lost forever.

Some explanation of this latest outage would also be appreciated as it is different from the most common ones we experience with Pipex domain. Is it connected with the long awaited migration? Any update on the migration?

Highlighted
stevesurrey
Enlightened One

@OCE_Ady wrote:

I'm still waiting for a response on this. I'll let you know more when I know.

Ady

@OCE_Ady any update on whether the missing emails are lost for good ?